pdf invoice showing ???? in japanese letters

• reiyo
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #94472 by reiyo
Hello guys,

URGENT, I just noticed the PDF isn't showing the name of the product if it is in Japanese letters I think it is same for many other languages, you guys need to check this.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• reiyo
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #94503 by reiyo
I also noticed that when translating the file into japanese If I translated the CONSTANT ESHOP_WISHLIST the wish list is no more redirected to wish list page.

I think there are other errors in the customer page still trying to figure out where it is exactly happening!

• reiyo
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #94506 by reiyo
Ok there seem like lots of problems when trying to translate the language files to non latin letters, please advice! Or I will have to do this myself but I seriously do not have the time.

Thanks

• reiyo
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #94508 by reiyo
Well For example try to insert any japanese letters in this constant ESHOP_ORDER_HISTORY in the language file, and then go to my customer page, click on my order history, it redirects you to the same page you are on, it doesn't go to the orders page, however when I went to com_eshop/themes/view/customer/default.php and inserted japanese letters in the <a> tag it worked! This is happening all over the component, it seems to me like something is wrong with the EshopRoute not really sure, you guys know your extension better. Now I have a deadline to deliver to a client, but I am screwed, I fixed all the errors I could see, however I am not sure if there is any remaining errors that I still can not see, Thankfully this website I am developing is a one language, otherwise the work would of been really extra! I could have debugged it really deeply but as I said I am dead line, and I still need help with the PDF as it is not showing Japanese product titles.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #94536 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic pdf invoice showing ???? in japanese letters
Hello Reiyo,

Please submit a new ticket to EShop category to send me the your site information so I can help you to check and resolve the problem with PDF in Japanese.

Sincerely, Giang

• reiyo
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #94538 by reiyo
Hi Giang,

Thank you for the reply, I am still on a local environment, however there is a problem in the redirection, and yes I read the documentation but no it is not working, when you translate the files checkout, customer page, order history, edit account and all the other redirection page, like checkout failed invalid credit card or success...etc.

If you could please send me what needs to be edited regarding the pdf issue I would appreciate that as I am still on a localhost.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #94781 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic pdf invoice showing ???? in japanese letters
Hello Reiyo,

I have no idea about that issue now. I think it's better to wait until your site is uploaded to server, then I will help you to check.

Sincerely, Giang

More
6 years 2 months ago #108996 by Markova
Replied by Markova on topic pdf invoice showing ???? in japanese letters
Hi!

I also have a problem with the user's pages.

The problem is when there are languages that are not latin letters. Only latin letters should be in the url address.

I created new variables with BG translation for the buttons. And I kept the english to use for the links.

"For example try to insert any cirillyc letters in this constant ESHOP_ORDER_HISTORY in the language file, and then go to my customer page, click on my order history, it redirects you to the same page you are on, it doesn't go to the orders page, ......"
ESHOP_ORDER_HISTORY="Order History" - this is a link
ESHOP_MODIFY_ORDER_HISTORY="История на поръчките" - this is a text of link

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #109026 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Markova,

Please go to the back-end of your site, then go to System -> Global Configuration -> Site tab, at "Unicode Aliases", choose Yes and test again.

Sincerely, Giang

More
6 years 2 months ago #109045 by Markova
Replied by Markova on topic pdf invoice showing ???? in japanese letters
Thanks!

Now it's okay!

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong