Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #98673 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway
Dear all,

A great news for you guys. I just completed the EShop Squareup payment plugin for EShop. Please contact with me via ticket system to get it.

I have already sent it to Clifton!

Sincerely, Giang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #98701 by Clifton Murphy
Replied by Clifton Murphy on topic Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway
you left an empty box in the configuration for the plugin, for the field titled "Location ID". Your plugin should actually populate this with a drop down of all available locations for the merchant installing the plugin, so that he can select which location to assign to the store. The location ID is pulled from an API call and is not something that we merchants can just lookup. So we need your plugin to do the API call and populate the "Location ID" with all locations that come back from that API call.

To be accurate, your plugin should populate that drop down with the "Nickname" of each "location" that comes back from the API call, so we can select the correct "Location" to use in our website. Square displays the "Nickname" in our locations list in our portal, not our "ID". So all we can see is our locations nicknames.

Please see this from the API documentation: docs.connect.squareup.com/articles/faq-lookup-my-location-id

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
252-933-4840
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Clifton Murphy.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #98712 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Clifton,

I am sorry but I can not do that. There is a way to get Location ID from your account. Please login to your account, then click on the Locations link on the left, you will see it as the last part on the URL. Simply copy it and paste it into the configuration of Squareup payment plugin.

Please try and let me know if it works as your expect.

Sincerely, Giang
Attachments:

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #98742 by Clifton Murphy
Wait.......So we Paid you $200 or more, depending on the number of us that sent you $50 each.....and instead of using the API, which has an actual call to pull this, you want us to manually go to our locations and copy it from the URL.......You are serious?

Because we both know that "I cant do this" is not true, as you CAN do this using the API, it's very clear right here in the instructions. I think what you meant to say is "I WONT do this"..So since we paid for a custom module, feature rich, I think we deserve to know why you WONT do this.

Code:
Retrieving your location IDs Every Square merchant's business consists of one or more locations. Every payment a merchant processes is associated with one of these locations (even online payments). In order to process a payment with Connect v2, you need to know which location you want to associate the payment with. The SquareConnect library has an easy method for obtaining a business' location IDs: the listLocations method. Paste the following into a locations-test.php file and run it with php locations-test.php. Be sure to specify your personal access token where indicated. The details of your business' locations will appear in the console. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 <?php require 'vendor/autoload.php'; $access_token = "Bearer YOUR_PERSONAL_ACCESS_TOKEN"; $location_api = new \SquareConnect\Api\LocationApi(); echo $location_api->listLocations($access_token);

Clifton Murphy - Owner
252-933-4840

• Virginia Garnitz
More
6 years 11 months ago #98749 by Virginia Garnitz
Replied by Virginia Garnitz on topic Plugin Request: Square Payment Gateway
seriously, it's your responsibility to deliver the finished product to each of the funders. We shouldn't have to place a special request. And from the posts below, it sounds as though it's still beta rather than a finished plug-in.

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #98808 by Clifton Murphy
So far the payment plugin has not worked for me. At checkout, when you submit the credit card details you get the following error:

The requested page can't be found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a mistyped address
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
you have no access to this page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.
0 Missing nonce data for Square up

Clifton Murphy - Owner
252-933-4840

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 10 months ago #98875 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Clifton,

Please don't communicate with me here. Please following up the ticket system to get my supports on this problem.

Sincerely, Giang

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #98886 by Clifton Murphy
i think you need to reply to me and Virginia's last posts on the issue with an incomplete module that we paid more than double what you are selling it for in the modules page..

Clifton Murphy - Owner
252-933-4840

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 10 months ago #98955 by Giang Dinh Truong
Dear all,

The plugin is stable now. I already guided you guys to get Location ID of your Squareup account.

I just also disabled selling the plugin from plugins page.

Please following up the ticket to get my supports to make the plugins work.

Sincerely, Giang

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #100059 by Clifton Murphy
I know you've told me to communicate with you i the support ticket, but since its been 6 days since your last response i feel the need to post here:

In your last response you said there is no way to pass the customer name to square....so i gave you the link for that API call in my support ticket. What follows here is the rest of my response to you.

===============================================================
When you pay a collective $200+ to a developer to give us a payment module, you expect it to be more than a barebones hack with no features including passing the customer's name to square.

To be honest I am pretty upset that we paid what we paid, for what we got. I could of paid a developer on scriptlance/freelancer $25 total for what ive seen us pay $200+ for.

Then when i ask about it, you say theres nothing in the documentation. When i can find it without trying?

Basic features for this should be:

1. process payments
2. refund a payment
3. save the customer details at square via API (link provided) - this should include the "reference_ID" string sent to square matching the Eshop customer #, the customers first and last name at a minimum (link for API call is in my support ticket)
4. pass buyer_email_address to square for chargeback protection (no chgback prot without it)
5. pass billing_address to square for chargeback protection (no chgback prot without it)
6. pass shipping_address to square for chargeback protection (no chgback prot without it)
7. A means to edit the default order status!! How are we supposed to know which orders have shipped and which are complete, if your module sets all orders to "complete" ??

Though i dont understand why I am having to give you the API documentation links when you are the developer?

Also, #7 Really? You defaulted the module to set all orders to complete??????????????????????????? Then didnt give us a way to change the default order status using this module? So on a busy site, you dont know which orders you've shipped, which ar ein the warehouse, which are really "complete".....

As of now I have gone back to using the offline credit card module, as the sqaureup module is not in a usable state..

Clifton Murphy - Owner
252-933-4840
The following user(s) said Thank You: Corey Goffinet

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong