Default currency not transmitting to Paypal

• Mary O'Dea
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #130746 by Mary O'Dea
I have only one currency set up in my eshop installation and that is Australian Dollar. I set it up by unpublishing the currencies which came with the installation, US$, Euro, and Pound, and creating a new currency with an exchanged value of 1 and calling it AU. It displays on my site as the default currency but when I make a test purchase and checkout and go to Paypal it shows up in Paypal as US$ but with the same dollar amount as the AU$. I mean if $5.00 is the amount in the shopping cart it will be US$5.00 in Paypal.
I've checked every setting i can think of. I'm thinking it must be some issue at the point of transfer to Paypal. The dollar amount is correct I just need to stop it having US in front of the $ sign in Paypal.
Any tips appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 3 months ago #130846 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Default currency not transmitting to Paypal
Hello Mary,

I think the reason because you didn't enter the correct currency code of Australia currency. Please go to EShop -> System -> Currencies to edit Australia currency and make sure that you entered the currency code AUD for it, then test again.

Sincerely, Giang

• Mary O'Dea
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #130876 by Mary O'Dea
Replied by Mary O'Dea on topic Default currency not transmitting to Paypal
Hello Giang,
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. This has worked fine. I had only AU when AUD was required.
The EShop component is really fantastic. It has been easy to use and does everything I need it to do and in fact has more features than I could possibly use. Thank you for making it available. Thank you also for being so generous with your time when I have needed help getting started.
Regards,
Mary
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giang Dinh Truong

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 3 months ago #130978 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Default currency not transmitting to Paypal
OK no problem at all Mary!

Thank you for using and loving EShop. You can go to Joomla Extensions Directory to give it a review and votes there: extensions.joomla.org/extension/e-commerce/shopping-cart/eshop/

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong