Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Paypal not receiving cart information

• Lisa Norman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #62757 by Lisa Norman
Paypal not receiving cart information was created by Lisa Norman
First: we've been using Document Seller on this client's Joomla site for years. We LOVE LOVE LOVE you.

A customer emailed us yesterday saying that she'd tried a number of times and not been able to purchase a document. Then today she was able to successfully purchase the document. I verified that she had tried multiple times over several days. There is only 1 failed order for her logged in our orders listing. Looking back over the last few months, I do notice that sales are down a bit, and there are about 3 or 4 other failed orders from customers. (We have usually 3-4 sales per day... but there are days where there is nothing, others where there are more, so hard to tell. I do see several spells where there are no sales, failed or otherwise for a few days -- and one of those days IS a day she said she tried...)

I'm attaching a screenshot the customer sent. Client was on a Windows 8.1 machine using a Chrome browser. Website is using Joomla! 3.4.1 Stable [ Ember ] 21-March-2015 20:30 GMT with Document Seller version 3.5. So...we've done routine updates to the site. I'm wondering where I should even START to trouble-shoot this.

Clearly, it works some of the time as we're still getting sales. This particular client got multiple fails and a success on the same machine with the same settings.

Going back through the history, I see periodic problems from last October forward. (Maybe one every day or two...) Generally an order shows as not paid, then there is a second order that shows as paid. While I understand this can happen legitimately, I don't see any before October. Since then, they seem to be increasing in frequency. If there are any others that aren't logging, I won't know that. Sadly, not all of our customers tell me when things go wrong. (Most don't...)

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lisa Norman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #63516 by Lisa Norman
Replied by Lisa Norman on topic Paypal not receiving cart information
This is ongoing. Today I had a new thing. I suggested that the customer send the money via paypal and then I went in to click published on the link. I got a white screen. I can't see the error log right now... but when I can get in, I'll let you know if there is one. When I refreshed the order page, the order was published.
Up until that white screen, I was pretty sure it was a server issue. Now... I'm not so sure. HELP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.