Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

How About Answering Some Of These Questions

• Zebra2
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #67492 by Zebra2
There are quite a few bugs in your Document Seller script. I have some of the same issues as other users mentioned in this forum. Why aren't you answering some of the questions posed to you in this thread. I have purchased several of the OSSolution Team extensions and am quite satisfied with them. But, this script has several problems and no one is answering any of the questions in this forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #67501 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How About Answering Some Of These Questions
Hi

I am sorry. Could you please explain exactly the problems you are having so that I can look at it and give you the answer?

Sometime, I forgot to answer forum questions because I answer the same question via email or support ticket

Regards,

Tuan

• Zebra2
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #67515 by Zebra2
Replied by Zebra2 on topic How About Answering Some Of These Questions
O.K. - Thanks .... Here are my 3 most immediate problems:

1. In your configuration section, you have an option to "Bypass Paypal Order Form" so, according to you, customers can go right to Paypal without entering any personal information. I want to use this option. I don't need any customer information since it is already contained in the Paypal return IPN data and its just an extra step in the purchase process. But, this function does NOT work. The script still asks for "First Name" and "Email Address". You have a "fields" section where I manually turned off all the fields but there are no fields listed for "First Name" and "Email Address" and that is apparently why these two fields still appear. So, the "Bypass Paypal" option does not work at all and I can't turn these 2 fields off manually since they are not listed in the "fields" section. I have absolutely no use for someone's "first name". I don't know why you would force this option and not allow it to be turned off. The same thing with the "Email Address". How can I get rid of these 2 fields and just send customers straight to Paypal?

2. When someone successfully pays for a download and they are sent back to the "Order Completed" page, the download link in the "Downloads" box does not appear unless the page is refreshed. I know the file is still e-mailed to them but how can this be fixed so the download link appears as soon as they are returned to the Order Completed page?

3. As someone else wrote in this forum, but there is no posted answer, sometimes the Paypal IPN information is not received back and the sale is not recorded. Is there a specific URL to your IPN script in the extension that should be put into Paypal's IPN return address or is it simply the domain name to return to? Your other scripts I purchased work perfectly. This one does not.

Thanks !

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #67546 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Zebra2

1. In your configuration section, you have an option to "Bypass Paypal Order Form" so, according to you, customers can go right to Paypal without entering any personal information. I want to use this option. I don't need any customer information since it is already contained in the Paypal return IPN data and its just an extra step in the purchase process. But, this function does NOT work. The script still asks for "First Name" and "Email Address". You have a "fields" section where I manually turned off all the fields but there are no fields listed for "First Name" and "Email Address" and that is apparently why these two fields still appear. So, the "Bypass Paypal" option does not work at all and I can't turn these 2 fields off manually since they are not listed in the "fields" section. I have absolutely no use for someone's "first name". I don't know why you would force this option and not allow it to be turned off. The same thing with the "Email Address". How can I get rid of these 2 fields and just send customers straight to Paypal?

=> Maybe it happens because you are using shopping cart feature ? If you activate shopping cart feature on your site, this feature won't work. Please try to go to Documents Seller -> Configuration, find the config option 'Activate Cart Feature', set it to No. Then check it again and let us know the result

2. When someone successfully pays for a download and they are sent back to the "Order Completed" page, the download link in the "Downloads" box does not appear unless the page is refreshed. I know the file is still e-mailed to them but how can this be fixed so the download link appears as soon as they are returned to the Order Completed page?

=> This issue seems strange to me. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can check it directly on your site ?

3. As someone else wrote in this forum, but there is no posted answer, sometimes the Paypal IPN information is not received back and the sale is not recorded. Is there a specific URL to your IPN script in the extension that should be put into Paypal's IPN return address or is it simply the domain name to return to? Your other scripts I purchased work perfectly. This one does not.

=> If it always happens, we can check it. If it sometime happens, it might be a problem with Paypal and I am afraid of we have no solution. Basically, after users completed payment at Paypal, Paypal needs to send an IPN message back to your site to inform documents seller about this payment so that Documents Seller can verify the payment, update order status, sending email......If for some reasons, the Paypal IPN message could not reach your site, it will cause the issue you described and we don't have a solution for it.

It sometimes happens with us as well (we are using Documents seller to sell extensions) and in this case, we will have to create an order for customer and send the document to customer manually

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #67547 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Reading the issue #2 again, if the link doesn't exist for the first time and it appear after you refresh the page, maybe it happens because the Paypal IPN message for some reasons, is sent after users is redirected back to your site.

So at the first time, the order has not been verified by the system yet. Then when you refresh the page, the order was verified and it works well (please note the IPN message is server to server communication - it is hidden from end user)

If that's the case, I think we don't have solution as well

Tuan