Edocman features

• Patrick Valmont
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #98376 by Patrick Valmont
Edocman features was created by Patrick Valmont
Hello all,
So I've been using Edocman for a while now and before that I was using phocadownload. Some features that I would very much would like to see is as per below :

(1) Ability to search sub categories
In this mode, If I have a root category called "Downloads", and under downloads i have Categories A, B and C, Edocman should be able to search A, B and C and give back results. Note that "Downloads" itself is just a category with no files BUT only sub categories.

Why is this needed you might ask ?
Well my download section is quite huge, we have lots of subcategories everywhere. For example
Downloads (main parent category)
->Category A (sub category)
---->2015 (another category)
--->2016 (another category)
--->2017 (another category)

->Category B (sub category)
---->2015 (another category)
--->2016 (another category)
--->2017 (another category)

So basically, Edocman might have to search all of the above.

(2) Recently Updated documents
This is already a feature but I see that it's lacking. So basically, if I have a Category called Downloads, and in Downloads I have 2015, 2016 and 2017 as categories, Edocman should be able to pull up recently updated files from the mentioned categories (2015,2016,2017). For now, this does not work.

(3) Use of a module
A feature where we can use a module that Edocman can display TABLE LAYOUT or DOCUMENTS LAYOUT.
This for now can only be done via the menu.

(4) Restrict certain documents in your Module
Edocman has a module that allows to view most recently updated documents. If there was a way to restrict a category that would be good.

This is my feedback coming from an actual real website where these features are direly needed. I would not mind paying extra for this.
I love your extensions guys, really do, very good job, but I believe the above features are worth looking into.
Have a good one.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Patrick Valmont.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #102662 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Edocman features
Hi,
The Edocman Documents module has parameter to allow you to enter the ID of category IDs. If you enter specific ID of categories, the module will show documents of those categories
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam