All questions about EDocman extension

Permissions problem

• Googol
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #13234 by Googol
Permissions problem was created by Googol
I have run into a problem with permissions on Joomla 1.7.3.

I have about 12 user groups and wish each group to be able to upload, edit and delete files in their own categories. I have set up categories for each group e.g. group_1 >> Category_1 etc.

I have set the global permissions to ’Not Allowed’ for all groups. Next I go to each category and set the permission for the group of that category to 'Allowed' e.g. In Category_1: Group_1, all permissions ‘Allowed’ (Create, Delete, Edit, Edit State, Edit Own, Download all 'Allowed'). The permissions for all other groups in that category (Group_2, Group_3 etc) are 'Inherited' (from the global permissions) and are all set to 'Not Allowed' which is correct.

Problem is that on the front end, when the user clicks 'Upload' they receive error '500 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: documents, html, edocmanView'. The Edit/Delete buttons are also missing.

If I set the global permissions to 'Allowed' for all groups then the error does not appear. However this also means that all users get access to all categories – not what I want.

It seems to me that eDocman is only using the global permissions and is ignoring the permissions set for each individual category. I do not want to set the global to permissions to 'Allowed' for all groups as this gives all users access to all categories which defeats the point of having permissions in each category.

I am not too worried about downloads as all downloads should be available to the public. What I want to achieve is that all users of a particular group e.g. Groups_1 can only upload, edit, delete files in Category_1 etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #13235 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Permissions problem
Hi

EDocman does use the permission from category level (in case category level set to Inherited, it will inherit permission from global configuration) .

In you case, I think there might be something causes this issue. Could you please submit a support ticket giving me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can check and fix it for you ?

Regards,

Tuan

PS : Today and might be tomorrow, I will have to spend time to finish new version of EDocman which has some nice improvements, so if you are not in rush, please wait me until the day after tomorrow and I will check it. If you are in rush, I will check it on tomorrow morning (it is 6h:30pm here now) .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam