All questions about EDocman extension

Edocman indexer

More
10 years 10 months ago #30865 by Greg Ellis
Replied by Greg Ellis on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Hi Flurin - can you help me integrate jifile with edocman please. I am not sure exactly how to do this having read your posts. I need to integrate a search module into my site that searches a set of categories and PDF documents. I have managed to index the docs using jifile but now I am tryinng to create a search module that just searches these doc - not the whole site. The docs are in the jifile folders on my server. Tuan does not have the time at the moment and I cannot get the indexer to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #30967 by Flurin Hauser
Replied by Flurin Hauser on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Hi Greg

That should be easy - every file indexed by jifile is safed in the category "jifile" - so you can create a smart search and filter by this category - so only results from the indexed docs should be displayed

you can get more information to create this smart search here :
cloudaccess.net

PS: sorry for my bad english ;) - hope the informations helps you ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg Ellis

More
10 years 10 months ago #31112 by Greg Ellis
Thanks Flurin - got the idea now BUT ... You say that jifile stores the indexed files as category jifile. I can see that they are stored as 'class' jifile and when I try to filter by category the only categories are the ones for my articles not the files loaded into jifile folder. How do I filter by this class or am I not understanding? :(

More
10 years 10 months ago #31295 by Greg Ellis
I have now worked out the solution - in the plugin I have changed the Area name to 'category' which now stores the index docs so they can be included via the jifile search plugin.

More
10 years 10 months ago #31346 by Flurin Hauser
Replied by Flurin Hauser on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Hey Greg

Sorry was in hollydays

I would have suggested exactly this solution - it works fine :)

regards,
--flurin--

More
10 years 2 months ago #41169 by Daliana
Replied by Daliana on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Hi Tuan, I have a question, I have docman 1.5.2 and I want to make a library with 5000 files. I imported successfully with the Bulk Import tool
but the problem is that files was not indexed, even did a test where importing 10 files and not are indexed
my question is:
How many files can be indexed with the bulk import?
These documents can be indexed with bulk import if I buy Edocan 1.5.5
The plugin edoman-indexer was updated also? :(

More
10 years 2 months ago #41192 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Hi Daliana

When you run bulk import, the document won't be indexed. At the moment, it can only index files when you create a new document and upload the file for that document.

Importing and indexing 5000 files at a time won't be possible. The reason is because it will requires many server resources for indexing these 5000 files.

I am thinking of a combination between EDocman and my other extension called PDF Indexer to solve this problem. If you purchase our PDF Indexer extension (as a way to support the customization I made to help you index these 5000 files), I will be happy to try to edit code to make it works for you.

Tuan

More
10 years 2 months ago #41218 by Daliana
Hi Tuan, not if you remembered I bought some time OS PDF indexer
( joomdonation.com/62-general-discussion/3...h-ospdf-indexer.html # 31983) and you suggested I buy edocman
and I did.
Now I pose my problem.
I live in Cuba and bought the components through a cousin who lives in the U.S., and my website is accesible only in the national intranet of the country we have problems with the internet here.
Is there any way you can help me?
Or the change in the code that you propose have from to do the backend of the site?

More
10 years 2 months ago #41281 by Daliana
Please give support OS_PDF indexer, there are many people who want indexer many documents. It would be nice to buy back this extension if it were updated.
Pleasee. This extension can Work with EDOCAM documents. Please make that possible

More
10 years 2 months ago #41282 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Edocman indexer
Yes. I agree to add support for it. But it will take few days. I will get it done within this weekend. Please be patient and wait for us.

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam