All questions about EDocman extension

SOLVED !!! EDocman finder / smart search

• othbert
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #85834 by othbert
3 months ago:

Dang Thuc Dam wrote: Hi Diane,
PDF indexer extension only work with Joomla Search tool, it can't be used with Joomla Smart Finder extension.
Thanks
Dam

5 months ago:

Dang Thuc Dam wrote: Hi Lorenz,
Good news for you is Edocman has the Smartsearch plugin.
Regards,
Dam

:huh:
I can get results if I search for the title of a document but not its indexed content. So EDocman works with smart search but not indexed content?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Mr. Dam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #85867 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic EDocman finder / smart search
Hi,
Edocman has Smart Search plugin, but the plugin won't search through Indexed content of pdf files. It will search through Title and Description of documents.
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: othbert

• othbert
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #85916 by othbert
Replied by othbert on topic EDocman finder / smart search
Ah right, thanks, looks like I'm using standard com_search then! :)

I have a question in a similar topic (search);
We have documents set up with a PUBLIC and PRIVATE main category (which apply the ACL rules to individual documents, whether or not they should be public or only available after logging in. Further subcategories are applied to the documents in order to group them into a more coherent structure. When viewing the page, we wish the user to be able to see the title and short description of the document, but then prompt them to register or login for full access. This works well with the customisations I have created, however now I am coming to modify the search functionality of the site and wish the same to apply here. Is there an easy way you can think of to have com_search find all relevant documents regardless of ACL on the main category per document?

Thanks!

• othbert
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #85919 by othbert
Replied by othbert on topic EDocman finder / smart search
Ahh, nevermind, I just duplicated and customised the edocman search plugin :)

Relevant query if anyone finds this and wants to do the same:
Code:
// /joomla/plugins/search/edocman/edocman.php : 101 - 103 // replace with $query = ' SELECT a.id, 0 AS cat_id, a.title AS title, a.short_description, a.description AS text, a.indexed_content, created_time AS `created`, ' . $db->Quote($section) . ' AS section, "1" AS browsernav FROM #__edocman_documents AS a WHERE (' . $where . ') AND (a.user_ids = "") AND a.published = 1 ORDER BY ' . $order ;

In our case (as hinted at earlier in the thread), we want the indexed content so I'm pulling that too.

More
7 years 2 months ago #93579 by Jolo
Replied by Jolo on topic SOLVED !!! EDocman finder / smart search
I too have problem with the EDOCMAN PDF INDEXER, I have published all extensions regarding the PDF INDEXER and when using any type of search module only searches the title and description of the document and not the indexed content of the document.

Please help.

Moderators: Mr. Dam