All questions about EDocman extension

Edit button not showing even 'Edit Own' is set

More
7 years 4 months ago #91493 by Steve
At the menu end, I created new menu link called ‘Newsletters’ as in Edocman –> Table Layout, then under ‘Select Category’, I chose a category called ‘Newsletters’ which I created already.

At the backend, I’ve navigated to Edocman –> Configuration, under ‘General’, I select Yes for ‘Access Level Inheritance’ parameter.

Backend again, now in the Edocman Dashboard, then I clicked on ‘Options’ (top-right), this takes me to Edocman global setting for ‘Permission settings for the user groups’ page. Under ‘Manager’ access group, ‘Edit Own’ is set to ‘Allowed’ (by the way this is for Manager access group).

Backend again, Edocman Dashboard –> Categories, opened ‘Newsletters’ category, then on the Permission tab, Under ‘Manager’ access group, ‘Edit Own’ is set to ‘Allowed’ just in case.

Now login as a user with ‘Manager’ access privileges (Joomla group) via the frontend and navigate to ‘Newsletters’ link and able to see the ‘Upload’ button – so far so good. I uploaded a test PDF file with doc title as ‘Test1’ in ‘Newsletters’ category, it goes well and the test1.pdf uploaded successfully to ‘Newsletters’ category. Now, I’ve navigated to ‘Newsletters’ category, I can see ‘Test1’ in table layout list view, then I clicked on it and it shows the Document Detail View with both ‘Download’ and ‘View’ buttons but no ‘Edit’ button???

Remember, I am login in as a user with ‘Manager’ access privileges (Joomla group) with permission ‘Edit Own’ set to ‘Allowed’ in both ‘Newsletters’ category level and Edocman global setting for permission – also, I am the one uploaded the test1.pdf file but still ‘Edit’ button does not appear … screenshot: myseotool.net/screenshots/edocman_missing_edit_but.jpg

The only time when I see the Edit button is when I set ‘Edit’ permission instead of ‘Edit Own’ permission for Manager group to ‘Allowed’ BUT this is not right as anyone can edit any docs even not their own docs.

Perhaps, in the table layout list view, you have forgotten to make ‘Edit Own’ permission parameter to take effect. I need a fix, thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #91531 by Mr. Dam
Hi Steve,
I have answered you through ticket system
Thanks
Dam

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96174 by Alison
Please can you tell me the solution to this as I have the same issue.
thanks

Moderators: Mr. Dam