All questions about EDocman extension

Users unable to upload docs from front-end

• IT Dept
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #93400 by IT Dept
I've built a new intranet site with Joomla 3.6.5 and installed Edocman 1.7. When user attempts to upload a new file to existing entry from front end, they get an error "Save failed with the following error: Please choose category for your document". 'Category' has an asterisk next to it. The drop down field for Category shows only 'Choose Category'. Updating to Edocman 1.8 did not correct the problem. I can get this to work by giving user access to everything at the component level but then they have are able edit all docs which I don't want them to do. The end goal is to allow the user to only edit a specific document. This was not issue with our old site (Joomla 2.5 Edocman 1.5.1)
Joomla ver: 3.6.5
Edocman ver: 1.8.0

ETA - am able to temporarily get around issue by setting Create to allow at the component level.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by IT Dept.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #93416 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Users unable to upload docs from front-end
Hi,
In Document upload form at front-end, you should select Category in Dropdown select list.
Thanks
Dam

• IT Dept
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #93620 by IT Dept
Replied by IT Dept on topic Users unable to upload docs from front-end
got sidetracked with other issues. Thank you for your response but you missed the fact that users are unable to select anything in Category as it is not populated with any choices. I am temporarily able to get category choices to populate by setting 'Create' to allow for all users, something I'd rather not do.

More
7 years 2 months ago #93689 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Users unable to upload docs from front-end
Hi,
Please submit ticket and send your site url with super admin account. We will check the problem with Document upload form for you.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam