All questions about EDocman extension

More layout customization and pagination

• Stefano Bettega
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #93875 by Stefano Bettega
More layout customization and pagination was created by Stefano Bettega
Hello,
I recently upgraded Joomla from 2.5.8 to 3.6.5 and EDocman from 1.5.0 to 1.8.0. I had some trouble with pagination, that I solved overriding Joomla pagination template. Now I'm trying to customize the category layout the way I had on the old version.
Basically with version 1.5.0 I was able to remove title from category (as it was hardcoded into category image), and I did such modification adding more category layout (see attached file), so that I could select the new category style when adding a link from site menu. But with new version this cannot be done. Is there any way to customize category views to have more templates?
Another missing feature is the ability for the user to choose the number of file to show on a page. This seems to be configurable for everybody in the backend, but each user could have its needs. I would like to have back the combo box at the bottom of the page to select number of documents to see. Is it possible?
Thanks in advance,
Stefano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #93902 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic More layout customization and pagination
Hi Stefano,
I am not sure with this idea " remove title from category (as it was hardcoded into category image), and I did such modification adding more category layout", it seems you forgot to add the attachment.
By the way, you can select number documents to be shown on one page at Back-end > Edocman > Configuration > Tab: Themes
Thanks
Dam

• Stefano Bettega
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #93915 by Stefano Bettega
Replied by Stefano Bettega on topic More layout customization and pagination
Hi Dang, thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately the cloud firewall blocked my .zip, so I couldn't upload it. I uploaded it into my Dropbox, you can find it here .
About the number of documents, I know that I can set it in the backend, but this is a configuration valid for all of the users. I would like to have each user to choose how many documents to see, directly into the page. I think that this is more related to Joomla new pagination style, so I would like to know your opinion.
Thanks and regards,
Stefano

More
7 years 1 month ago #93962 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic More layout customization and pagination
Hi Stefano,
Please do not send the modification code to me. Because we won't understand your idea. You can submit ticket on category: Edocman and send your site url with super admin account, and sending screenshots to explain the problem. We will check the problem for you.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam