Edocman 1.8.5 released - Amazon S3 storage ready

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #101203 by Mr. Dam
Dear all,
The Edocman developer team are proud to announce the release of Edocman 1.8.5. This is a sixth release for the 1.8.x series of Edocman with new improvement - Amazon S3 integration.
Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. So, there are many benefits to storing Edocman documents on the third party storeages like Amazon S3. It will help you reduce the used memory of server, the documents will be store safely.
Size of Edocman - Amazon is quite high (over 2MB), so we don't include it in Edocman package installation. When you download Edocman to your desktop, you should extract the package first before you can install file: com_edocman.zip. Plugin: Edocman - Amazon (plug_edocman_amazon.zip) can be install through Joomla installation manager tool normally.
In additional, you can read document about Amazon S3 integration here: edocmandocs.ext4joomla.com/modules-plugins/edocman-amazon
Let download Edocman version and hope you will like it.
Thanks
Dam
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Mr. Dam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ric Raftis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #101738 by Ric Raftis
Replied by Ric Raftis on topic Edocman 1.8.5 released - Amazon S3 storage ready
That's great news that we can integrate with Amazon S3 storage. It will save a lot of bandwidth and server space for businesses with large documents. Looks like I'll have a few conversions to do.

Cheers,

More
6 years 7 months ago #102202 by Gabriel
Hi Dam,

Trying to setup S3 plugin feature to serve the owner (paid) 'documents' that previously were server locally from out-side public folder option to be served from the a given Amazon S3 bucket, but :

- Having enabled the S3 plugin and entered the S3 account credentials & bucket name I can't still see how to select or force, at document level settings, the file to be served from the S3 bucket ... Can you help me with that?

- On other hand, I see the Amazon credentials are being booked & and shown as plain text in backend when should be encrypted or at least obfuscated ... Your comments about that will be welcome, too

Waiting your feedback,
Best.

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 7 months ago #102230 by Mr. Dam
Hi Gabriel,
1. To check the problem with S3 plugin, please raise new ticket on category Edocman and provide
- Your site url with Super admin account
- Your Amazon account
I'll check the issue for you
2. The Amazon credentials are entered in parameters form of plugin Amazon S3, this form is generated by Joomla, so we can't encrypt it. By the way, Back-end side is place for Administrator, normal Joomla User can't access to Back-end side. So i don't think there is any problem with Amazon credentials in S3 plugin
Thanks
Dam

More
6 years 7 months ago #102242 by Gabriel

Dang Thuc Dam wrote: 1. To check the problem with S3 plugin, please raise new ticket on category Edocman and provide
- Your site url with Super admin account
- Your Amazon account

>> That's not an option available due to a secrecy agreement with the site owner ㋛

Moderators: Mr. Dam