All questions about EDocman extension

Hide Unauthorized Documents

• Jonathan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #120092 by Jonathan
Hide Unauthorized Documents was created by Jonathan
I've looked,and I'm sure I'm missing it, but is there a way to hide documents from unauthorized users?

Right now, the document is visible, but they can't open it. Can we hide it completely from users without the correct permissions?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #120115 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Hide Unauthorized Documents
Hi,
I am not sure with your idea, could you please explain it more details?
Thanks
Dam

• Jonathan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #120433 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic Hide Unauthorized Documents
Sure...

Right now, if a user logs in, they'll see all the documents on the site, to include those they are not authorized to view. They may not be able to download it, but it's still visible.

Is there anyway to completely hide the document title, short description, details button, etc.

More
5 years 4 months ago #120450 by Bernard Walker
Replied by Bernard Walker on topic Hide Unauthorized Documents
This is very confusing at the moment because you cannot change a document's Access level from the General Tab (for some reason?) If you change it from the permissions tab the behaviour is as you describe. I dont like that either.

The work-around is to go to the Documents view. Select the documents you want to give a different access level to using the checkboxes. Then use the Batch tool to change the access level. This completely hides all document details as I think you want

More
5 years 4 months ago #120451 by Mr. Dam
Hi Bernard,
I am not sure with the way you change access levels for documents. Could you please send screenshots of steps that you have done so i can understand what did you do.
Thanks
Dam

More
5 years 4 months ago #120460 by Bernard Walker
Replied by Bernard Walker on topic Hide Unauthorized Documents
Hi Dam,

Test with the following work flow

1) Create a category and give it Public Access
2) Upload a document and add it to that category. On the General tab there is no way to add it to an Access Group. You can just add individual User IDs. See Capture3.jpg
3) Go to the Permissions Tab for that same document. Remove Inherited for Download and change to Denied. After a bit of saving and refreshing that produces the result that Jonathon and I dont like. Sure, you cannot download the doc but you can see it exists with all its details
4) The approach I suggested is shown in Capture.jpg. Go back to the Document Browser, click the document checkbox and use the Batch button. After doing this the Browser shows the Access level as being Registered (or whatever you changed it to). If you then re-open the document record and go to the Permissions tab you see Capture2.jpg. The download permission hasn't changed (still theoretically downloadable) but all trace of the file is now hidden. This is the correct behaviour from my viewpoint.

I think there needs to be more capability to set the VIEW (not download) access for a Group within the document General tab. Or continue to use Batch if lots of docs need changing
Cheers
Bernard
Attachments:

More
5 years 4 months ago #120615 by Mr. Dam
Hi Bernard,
I am sorry for late response, it seems you are selecting option: Access Level Inheritance in Edocman Configuration, so that, you don't see the Access fields when adding new document.
Thanks
Dam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bernard Walker

Moderators: Mr. Dam