All questions about EDocman extension

Share button to send document by email

• Randy Zimmer
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122093 by Randy Zimmer
Share button to send document by email was created by Randy Zimmer
Hi- I noticed in the configuration options a "SHOW SHARING BUTTON" Option that is yes/no- Under THEMES / DOCUMENT DETAILS VIEW and it does put a share button on that detail page that opens a small email send pop-up box where you enter your name, friends name, and their email. I can not find any documentation on this, but it does not send the email but does give a green status "processed"
I checked spam email too.

Also- I do have breezing forms extension set up and those forms send email correctly? so I assume it is not my PHP Mail Joomla setup? in global configuration? But maybe there are additional Joomla settings I should check?

Any suggestions or documentation I can read?
Would love to have this feature. It would save users having to download and then attach to their email and then send again- if I understand this correct?
Thank You
Randy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #122097 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Share button to send document by email
Hi Randy,
To turn on Document sharing feature, you also need to enter Subject and Content for the Document sharing email too. Please go to Edocman Configuration -> Tab: Messages and enter value for below configure options:
- Document sharing email subject
- Document sharing email content
Available tags for sharing email content: [NAME], [FRIEND_NAME], [DOCUMENT_TITLE], [LINK], [MESSAGE].
Thanks
Dam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. Dam