All questions about EDocman extension

Create category in front-end

• Douglas Harry
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #125657 by Douglas Harry
Create category in front-end was created by Douglas Harry
Hello,

Is it possible to create categories in the front end?

I have a private category, inside it I would like to allow subcategories to be created, is it possible? (front-end).

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #125662 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Create category in front-end
Hi Douglas,
The next Edocman version will have feature to allow user to manage/create categories at frontend. Currently, we are testing new Edocman version, and we hope it will be released in this month.
Thanks
Dam

More
2 years 6 months ago #146470 by hzwicewicz
Replied by hzwicewicz on topic Create category in front-end
I'm using Edocman for the first time and would also like to be able to add a new category when logged into the front-end of the site. I don't see any way to do that - thought I'd add on to this post to see if this feature was ever added. Thanks :)

More
2 years 6 months ago #146487 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
To add categories at frontend of Edocman, you need to do some works:
1. We should have the menu to layout: Manage Categories, thus, the logged user will able to manage/add categories
2. User should have permission to "Create/Edit" if they want to add/edit categories at frontend. You can read more about Edocman ACL through this documentation: edocmandocs.joomservices.com/getting-started/edocman_acl
Thanks
Dam

More
2 years 4 months ago #147625 by hzwicewicz
Replied by hzwicewicz on topic Create category in front-end
Further question on adding a category through the front-end. When selecting a "category layout", there isn't an option to choose "table" like there is when you create a category through the back-end. The only choices using the front-end login are "default", "default_metadata", and "default_options". Is there a way to ensure that the "default" setting for category layouts is the "table" layout?

Furthermore, if I choose either "default_metadata" or "default_options", when I click on the folder to open it when logged into the document portal, the page throws this error - 0 - Layout Path Not Found. Not too concerned about that because I don't need to use it but curious why that would be the case.

More
2 years 4 months ago #147901 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
In "Category modification form" at frontend, we don't show the Layout dropdown select list to avoid confused from user. But i confirm one issue in Category view related to Category layout (as your report). We will check and fix it in next Edocman version
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam