All questions about EDocman extension

Can't get the layout to look as I wish...

• Kimberly Hitchens
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126539 by Kimberly Hitchens
Can't get the layout to look as I wish... was created by Kimberly Hitchens
I've got eDocman installed on my development site and I've worked out some issues with Mr. Dam. However, I still cannot get the URL page to look as I want and there's zero documentation on it. I'm hoping that other people that have used it will be able to provide some clear answers.
  1. This is the layout look that I want: joomdonationdemo.com/edocman/index.php/e...an-layouts/tree-list
  2. This is the layout look that I get, on my main category page: booknook.idlwebclients.com/faq/document-repository which is NOT what I want.
  3. I have changed the layout to "tree list" on the menu item.
  4. It's set as TABLE in the category layouts, in the eDocman categories, because there is no "tree layout" in the categories.

It seems that all I get is this text box, on the main URL, the one above. THEN, when you click through, you choose between the subcategories and then you see only the documents in that category. I've made a main category for the Document Repository and made the other categories subcategories; I've changed it back. NOTHING seems to work.

I JUST want the categories and subcategories to show up on the same page like the PETS page in the demo.

I don't understand it, I've never had problems like this with a plugin or module before. I just can't get it to look and work the way I want, no matter what I do. I've read the documentation over and over, what there is of it. I'm very frustrated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126556 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Can't get the layout to look as I wish...
Hi,
As i answered you through Ticket system, if you want to have the layout like this: joomdonationdemo.com/edocman/index.php/e...an-layouts/tree-list
You should setup menu to Edocman layout: Tree List and select parent category. Then, at frontend, the documents and subcategories will be shown on above link.
Dam

• Kimberly Hitchens
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126576 by Kimberly Hitchens
Replied by Kimberly Hitchens on topic Can't get the layout to look as I wish...
I did set it up that way and it doesn't look like that.
  1. I created a top-level category, "document repository."
  2. I set that category to TABLE layout. (The category option does not have TREE.)
  3. I then set up the MENU item to be TREE list,
  4. and it does NOT look like that.

I've changed it 4-5x, and nothing makes it look like the PETS page. I cannot get the categories and subcategories to appear. I get a text box with "Document repository" on it, on the main menu URL, and then when you click through, THEN you only see the main subcategories, not the documents. I've changed, it, changed it back, changed it again.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126600 by Mr. Dam
Answered through Ticket system
Thanks
Dam

• Kimberly Hitchens
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126833 by Kimberly Hitchens
Yes, but you made it work by DISABLING SEF404 plugin. Your site clearly states that eDocman works with SEF404 Plugin. So...are you going to fix the eDocman module/plugin, or...? I can't run my site without SEF404, that's ridiculous. I am not running some 4page blog site, I run a commercial business with thousands of urls/pages.

Please advise.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126837 by Mr. Dam
Hi Kimberley,
Actually, Sh404sef has feature to disable overridden (from Sh404Sef) with specific extension, but when i change it, the setting doesn't effect. You can still turn on Sh404sef, and you can contact with Sh404sef support team to exclude Edocman out its effect?
Thanks
Dam

• Kimberly Hitchens
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126846 by Kimberly Hitchens
You're saying that eDocman does not work with SH404SEF. That's what you're saying. I can't get the layout I want and you're telling me to take it up with SH404SEF support. Your SITE says that this plugin works with SH404SEF and it obviously does not.

That's what I'm understanding from your message.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126851 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
Normally, Sh404sef has feature to leave sef functions to Joomla router. By that way, Sh404sef will not take care the sef links of specific component, in this case is Edocman. By in your site, i tried to setup Sh404sef to leave sef links of Edocman to Joomla route, but it doesn't effect. Actually, i tried that solution for some customers and both of them are working well. That's very strange and i need you to contact with Sh404sef to ask them about it.
Hope you understand.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam