Install another language package for EShop!

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68121 by felipe
Replied by felipe on topic Install another language package for EShop!
I know the excellent extension of eshop almost since its inception, the probe again and again but each time I do it always came to the same problem, if I am referring to the installation of the language in Spanish.

For me it is a real headache to manually install the files from the Spanish.

I wonder, for that component developers have not generated the a .zip of the language file to install automatically.

At the moment I'm in the same situation of some years ago when you first install eshop.

Help!
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by felipe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giang Dinh Truong

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68125 by felipe
Replied by felipe on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Well, knowing that again before my headache to install l Spanish language component of eshop, you do the following:

1 reason the info that is puestra at the beginning of this post.

1. Upload all files in folder admin/languages/es-ES to folder administrator/language/es-ES in your site
2. Upload all files in folder site/languages/es-ES to folder languages/es-ES in your site

You should do same things for other language packages (Russian, Italian, Dutch, Germany, French, etc.), just need to use ru-RU, it-IT, nl-NL, de-DE, fr-FR, etc. instead of es-ES.

2. perform the following process and...
3 it worked, annex the video link.

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by felipe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giang Dinh Truong

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #68263 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Hello Felipe,

Thank you for sharing and suggesting. In the future version of EShop, I will make the language package to allow customer to install it from back-end side easily.

Sincerely, Giang

• Crussefond Jean-Michel
More
8 years 3 months ago #73764 by Crussefond Jean-Michel
Replied by Crussefond Jean-Michel on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Hi Giang, it doesn't work either. First I am on a local site with Mamp on a MacBook Pro. Then when I unzip the language file package I get ordinary files. As you know to install an extension file from the file manager in Joomla, the file must be Zipped to be selected and uploaded.
I can select no files untill I get to the php files, but then it doesn't work and I get the following message " Error
Unable to find install package3

JM

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #73785 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Hello Michel,

Currently, please manually upload the language file to the correct folder as my guide. In the future, I will make the language packages which can be installed from Extensions Manage of Joomla.

Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crussefond Jean-Michel

• Crussefond Jean-Michel
More
8 years 2 months ago #74839 by Crussefond Jean-Michel
Replied by Crussefond Jean-Michel on topic Install another language package for EShop!
Hi Giang,
I could install the desired language packs and it works. Just on thing about the Portugues pt-PT pack; it contains pt-BR files so it doesn't work with a pt-PT pack intalled on Joomla. I installed then the Joomla pt-BR language files to have it instead of the pt-PT files.

I'am having another problem but this time with EShop configuration. In Account/Account-termsthe choice is irrelevant. Instead of having a yes/no choice, I get the list of my products (see pictures joined). Do you have a solution for that?
Best regards,
Jean-Michel

JM
Attachments:

• Crussefond Jean-Michel
More
8 years 2 months ago #74840 by Crussefond Jean-Michel
Sorry I forgot to say that there is the same problem with Check-out terms. Get the same product list.

JM

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #75173 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Michel,

Account terms and Checkout terms options allow you to chose the articles in your site to display as the terms at Step 2 and Step 5 of checkout.

Sincerely, Giang

• Crussefond Jean-Michel
More
8 years 2 months ago #75394 by Crussefond Jean-Michel
Hi Giang,

Thank you for answering but it is not what the files seems to mean. On the fields it reads:
Account Terms:
Forces people to agree to terms before an account can be created.
Checkout Terms:
Forces people to agree to terms before an a customer can checkout.

I think my english is not too bad and that it has nothing to do with the products in the shop.

On other application (e.g. Virtuemart, etc…) this normally means there is a box which is created by the application which must be checked before people may create an account after accepting certain conditions.
Regards, Jean-Michel

JM

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #75428 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Michel,

Yes, that's exact things that EShop does. So:

1. If at Account Terms, you choose an article for it, then at step 2 of checkout, customer must read that article and tick on the checkbox before being able to create user account and pass to step 3.

2. If at Checkout Terms, you choose an article for it, then at step 5 of checkout, customer must read that article and tick on the checkbox before being able to go to Step 6 to complete Checkout.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong