EShop vs Beacart

• ozneilau
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #64388 by ozneilau
EShop vs Beacart was created by ozneilau
Hi,

I am an existing EShop purchaser and OSSolution supporter and was recently comparing EShop features to some other shopping carts for an upcoming project and couldn't help noticing that EShop and Beacart extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...hopping-cart/beacart are very similar. It appears they were published on the same day on the JED and even use similar products on their demo websites etc.

Despite having a couple of interesting features that seem to be missing in EShop (e.g. distance based shipping, postcode based shipping), I am hesitant to support the Beacart developer who has no other extensions in the JED and no information about themselves on their website.

Are the EShop and Beacart projects related at all?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #64389 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic EShop vs Beacart
Hello Ozneilau,

Thank you for purchasing and using our official EShop Shopping Cart extension. Regarding your questions:

1. BeaCart was a copy of EShop. They stole the EShop, then change the EShop name to BeaCart name, change prefix, add some small changes and released it as BeaCart. They did that around 1 year ago. After that, they can not make much of improvements for their stolen extension whily EShop has been always updated and improved. For now, I don't care what they did because I am sure that they can not have good developments on a stolen extension, they don't understand about the system :)

2. The released date is the same because JED 3 was released about 6-7 months ago and they reset the created date of all extension.

Just want to help you to be clear :) Let's forget about Beacart and only focus on Official EShop please.
Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozneilau, techer

• ozneilau
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #64390 by ozneilau
Replied by ozneilau on topic EShop vs Beacart
Hi Giang,

Thanks for the quick reply and confirming my suspicions.

I am very happy with the ongoing development and excellent support from OSSolution and will not support Beacart under these circumstances.

Neil

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #64394 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic EShop vs Beacart
OK Neil!

Thank you for becoming an our customer and continue to use our extensions/supports.

If you need any more helps, don't hesitate to let me know.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong