EShop Authorize.Net Payment Gateway Plugin

• Cecil Webb
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #106331 by Cecil Webb
EShop Authorize.Net Payment Gateway Plugin was created by Cecil Webb
Hello, I was interested in purchasing EShop as well as the Authorize.Net payment gateway plugin, but I had a few concerns that I would need answered first.

1. On my site, I am going to be selling services (variations of trash & recycle pick-up) as opposed to selling physical products. Does EShop integrate with any form builder? Or allow me to build custom forms? Ideally I have a menu which lets the user select the trash pick-up service they require, they fill out a form so that I can get their address and such, and upon submitting are redirected to Authorize.Net payment gateway or presented with a form to complete to finish the transaction. I hope this is clear as I believe this workflow would make a lot more sense for my use case and I am not sure presenting a catalog of products like a typical e-commerce site works for me.

2. Regarding the Authorize.Net payment gateway plugin, I have a few concerns. I noticed that the plugin utilizes the SIM method from the Authorize API, but after referring to their documentation: developer.authorize.net/api/upgrade_guide/ I can see that SIM is deprecated and will soon have an end of life date announced for it. This is concerning because I do not want to have to go purchase another solution in a half year or a year from now, will this plugin automatically undergo a free update from the SIM method to the recommended Accept Hosted method so that it remains stable? Also, on my site I have a "One time pick-up" trash service, as well as weekly and monthly trash services. Authorize.Net offers recurring billing methods, will the recurring billing be available to my users who select a weekly or monthly trash pick-up service? My last question is rather simple, for my merchant processor I need Authorize.Net to be the only payment gateway available to my users to select, so would this be hard to achieve?

Lastly, is there an option for custom development for the mentioned requirements? If these goals cannot be accomplished with this extension/plugin package, is there one that you may recommend to match my requirements? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #111759 by Clifton Murphy
Replied by Clifton Murphy on topic EShop Authorize.Net Payment Gateway Plugin
1 - there are several ways to go about this. setup your "products" as downloadable products in Eshop, then have the form be the actual downloadable product, which after purchase they would fill out and email to you. Depending on what you are collecting on the form, the sale itself may be enough, you have the customers billing and payment addresses, phone number, email etc already. You could also create a custom form using any number custom form add-ons for joomla, and set that form article in joomla as the "Continue Shopping URL" in Eshop, it's a custom URL you can configure in Eshop which customers are redirected to after a purchase.

2. Giang keeps up to date with all the security updates for all the payment gateways and releases updates for them. Not sure how he prices plugins, but normally when you purchase something from them, you get free updates for 12 months at a time. So even if there was an update, you would be able to get it by, at worse case scenario, paying the yearly price for updates.

3. honestly though, Eshop from the sound of it isnt what you want, what you want sounds more like MembershipPro which does support Authorize.net's recurring billing options, as well as one off sales.

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
252-933-4840

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong