Help needed with plugin development for eShop

• Dan Schrader
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #113457 by Dan Schrader
Help needed with plugin development for eShop was created by Dan Schrader
I am developing a plugin for a charity that will assign a specific ticket number(s) to each item purchased for what can best be described as a raffle event they hold annually. I chose eShop because of its hooks for post-payment processing but am having difficulty in determining where to apply the "onAfterCompleteOrder" trigger function code. I do backend design using PHP, but am not a Joomla expert.

How do I categorize this kind of plugin so that I know what directory to target for the installation? Would it be an extension to eShop itself, or can I see these triggers within Joomla itself(ie. creating a Joomla plugin versus an eShop plugin)? Currently the eShop plugin works fine with the PayPal integration, and returns to eShop after payment has been made correctly. But I am unsure how to intercept the process at this point and run a script that would assign a ticket number(s) from a database and then email the customer with the numbers and other sales related data. Can someone please point me in the right direction or perhaps to some sort of similar code being used with eShop?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #113780 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Help needed with plugin development for eShop
Hello Dan,

You can write a plugin to process the event onAfterCompleteOrder which will be called after order is complete.

It can be a system plugin, a content plugin or EShop plugin.

Please look at the example EShop Category content plugin so you can understand more.

You can also take some google search about how to make a plugin in Joomla.

Hope that this is useful.

Sincerely, Giang
Attachments:

• Dan Schrader
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #114217 by Dan Schrader
Replied by Dan Schrader on topic Help needed with plugin development for eShop
Hi Giang,

Thanks for your help! I was able to create this plugin and get it working. I did find a minor issue with the PayPal plugin which I addressed in a new post. But I wanted to compliment you on your work on eShop as it was a delight to work with this code. Thanks again!

Dan

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #114236 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Help needed with plugin development for eShop
Hello Dan,

Please submit a new ticket to EShop category so I can help you to check the problem with EShop.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong