Unable to remove item on cart or change quantity

• Franck RONDOT
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #121789 by Franck RONDOT
Hello,

I use PHP 7.2.12, Joomla 3.9.2, Gantry 5.4.27, eShop 3.2.3. I try different browser, clean cache, deactivate caches. But no changes, it's work on the pupup windows, in the cart module i can delete (the remove images look like a little point).

But in view cart i can't delete or change quantity ?

I have this error in browser debuger : SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier 'expédition'. Expected ')' to end an argument list. mon-panier.html:849

If i select in the product : require shipping = no
it's work i can delete items in cart

Best regards,
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Franck RONDOT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Franck RONDOT
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #121790 by Franck RONDOT
Replied by Franck RONDOT on topic Unable to remove item on cart or change quantity
I find myself, in translation a quote in ESHOP_ERROR_SHIPPING_METHOD

Best,

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago #122118 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Unable to remove item on cart or change quantity
Dear Franck,

That's correct. It's fine that you figured it out and resolved it by yourself.

Sincerely, Giang

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123082 by charles
I am having the same problem.. Can you tell me what you did to fix the problem? Because I am unable to delete any problem from my cart...

• Franck RONDOT
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123084 by Franck RONDOT
Replied by Franck RONDOT on topic Unable to remove item on cart or change quantity
Hello,

It's in the translation menu, menu "System" and "Translation" and look for the ESHOP_ERROR_SHIPPING_METHOD key.

Replace the text, you must have a quote in the translation (unvisible) but broke the javascript.

Best,
Franck

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123092 by Alison
I am really struggling with this cart view as well - I have changed the translation string numerous times and the response is completely erratic.
Sometimes the items are removed, other times not. Now I have an ajax wheel (where before nothing happened at all), but the items remain the same in the cart after trying to remove or change quantity.

When I eventually manage to remove the items and add another, it is there in the pop-up, but clicking on the Cart view shows no items and I get the empty Cart error message. Go back and add an item in the shop, and the items(s) added are in the popup cart but the Cart view is still on zero. Go to checkout, then the module starts to show the items, but the view cart shows zero and then it messes up the cart module again.

There surely has to be more to it than this?

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123178 by Alison
For those who wish to know, my issue beyond the translation files was cache related. After I put in a support query and Giang promptly informed me of that, I excluded the Cart view menu item from the System Page Cache plugin, and it all seems to be working very well now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giang Dinh Truong

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123199 by charles
Alison,

Can you post the query Giang gave you!

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123237 by Alison
I raised a support query (ticket), and Giang said it sounded as though it was a cache problem, and offered to check it on the backend for me. I managed to solve it via the plugin once I knew what he thought the issue was.

So there are possibly two things to do -
1) replace the language string as described above (select and delete all that is there in that string, and input it again) and if that doesn't fix it,
2) check your cache settings - I had the browser cache switched on in the System Page Cache plugin, and was able to select the Cart View menu item I had set up to exclude it from the cache, in the plugin settings on the backend.

If those two things don't fix it, raise a support ticket and let Giang check for you.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 days ago #123603 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Unable to remove item on cart or change quantity
Dear all,

The reason of issue because System Cache plugin. If you enable this cache plugin, then you must go to edit it to exclude the Cart menu item so it will not cache the cart page, then the problem will be resolved.

If you are not familiar with this, please submit a new ticket to send me the your site information so I can help you to do that.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong