Eshop >> Google Analytics Ecommrce tracking

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #122763 by Clifton Murphy
Eshop >> Google Analytics Ecommrce tracking was created by Clifton Murphy
We use google analytics to watch our traffic patterns, see how our social media blasts perform, etc. But Eshop is missing the integration ability to pass completed transactions to google analytics. We REALLY REALLY NEED THIS!! In this day and age, know which products are being viewed, and which are receiving sales gives us the ability to fine tune product descriptions and pricing for under-performing products and to highlight those products that do perform well in sales, thereby increasing your profit margins. The setup is fairly straight forward accodring to the develop docs, and this should be build into any shopping cart on the market today, that wishes to compete.

For isntance most ecommerce shops now have plugins to enable Ecommerce tracking with Google Analytics, such as woocommerce, shopify, weebly, etc.

This is not a difficult feature to build as it builds right into the default Eshop Thanks you page that customers are directed to right after they place their order.

The problem is that as good a sho as Eshop is, it lacks most of the more advanced tools that store owners want, like basic accounting, I cant even use a report in Eshop to pull up sales only in my own state, so that i can figure out how much state sales tax to pay! I also cant use google analytics, or even something basic to most cart systems, like Manually adding an order into it when customers call into our office to place orders.

As much fun as ive had trying to get this store to be what myself and MANY other poeple want, it just doesnt seem to be moving in that direction.

You can get the developer docs here guys and build this out in a week time! developers.google.com/analytics/devguide...nalyticsjs/ecommerce

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
252-933-4840

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago #122912 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Eshop >> Google Analytics Ecommrce tracking
Hello Clifton,

I think that EShop has already supported this. Please go to EShop -> System -> Configuration -> Option tab, at "Conversion Tracking Code", enter your tracking code there, then it will be added to the complete page of checkout after order is placed.

Sincerely, Giang

• Clifton Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #122940 by Clifton Murphy
Replied by Clifton Murphy on topic Eshop >> Google Analytics Ecommrce tracking
ok exactly what goes in this box on the configure page? is it just the site ID, for example UA-XXXXXXXX-1 or do we put the whole site tracking code, you know the whole script?

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
252-933-4840

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #123606 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Eshop >> Google Analytics Ecommrce tracking
Hello Clifton,

It should be whole of site tracking code. Then it will put under script tag in the complete page of EShop.

Sincerely, Giang

More
4 years 11 months ago #124570 by Gaspar Attila
Replied by Gaspar Attila on topic Eshop >> Google Analytics Ecommrce tracking
Hello Giang,

your suggested method does not work with e-commerce tracking, because we can't add item informations to that tracking code.

If you saw the documentation the adding items part is dynamic so we cant add a static code here.

Code example from documentation:

ga('ecommerce:addItem', {
'id': '1234', // Transaction ID. Required.
'name': 'Fluffy Pink Bunnies', // Product name. Required.
'sku': 'DD23444', // SKU/code.
'category': 'Party Toys', // Category or variation.
'price': '11.99', // Unit price.
'quantity': '1' // Quantity.
});

Can you estimate when this supported on Eshop?

Thanks, Attila

More
4 years 11 months ago #124571 by Gaspar Attila
Replied by Gaspar Attila on topic Eshop >> Google Analytics Ecommrce tracking
Hi there,

in the meantime I got the Eshop - Google Analytics plugin that do the same as I requested, so I am fine with this.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 11 months ago #124635 by Giang Dinh Truong

Gaspar Attila wrote: Hello Giang,

your suggested method does not work with e-commerce tracking, because we can't add item informations to that tracking code.

If you saw the documentation the adding items part is dynamic so we cant add a static code here.

Code example from documentation:

ga('ecommerce:addItem', {
'id': '1234', // Transaction ID. Required.
'name': 'Fluffy Pink Bunnies', // Product name. Required.
'sku': 'DD23444', // SKU/code.
'category': 'Party Toys', // Category or variation.
'price': '11.99', // Unit price.
'quantity': '1' // Quantity.
});

Can you estimate when this supported on Eshop?

Thanks, Attila

Hello Attila,

Currently, this is not supported by our extension and I am not sure when it will be.

Sincerely, Giang

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 11 months ago #124636 by Giang Dinh Truong

Gaspar Attila wrote: Hi there,

in the meantime I got the Eshop - Google Analytics plugin that do the same as I requested, so I am fine with this.

OK Attila!

• Impression eStudio
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 3 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #131191 by Impression eStudio
Replied by Impression eStudio on topic Eshop >> Google Analytics Ecommrce tracking
Hi,

(I suppose the plugin "Eshop - Google Analytics" doesn't exist any more in the latest versions because I can't find it.)

I noticed that when a coupon is used in an order, the discount is not included in the data sent to Google Analytics, so the product appears in full price.
Also, the "Order Coupon Code" section in Google Analytics has no data. Shouldn't the coupons be tracked as well?

(I think details such as the above give an extra value to an eshop.)

Thanks
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Impression eStudio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Howard Theriot

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong