Best way to manage product add-ons

• Peter Mee
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #124006 by Peter Mee
Best way to manage product add-ons was created by Peter Mee
THE CHALLENGE

My client sells school books and stationary products.

They want to offer a book-covering service (for an extra charge)

Ideally, they would like a single checkbox in basket / at checkout 'cover books'. This would calculate the number of 'books' in the basket and add an amount of €1 per book.

I believe this is ambitious in terms of what eShop can do, but if the above can be implemented, please advise.

THE PROPOSED SOLUTION

I have set up an 'option' named 'book covering' , configured as a checkbox, with a single option value 'cover his book' .

I have added this as an option to products, set it to 'not required', and assigned a price of €1. This causes the option to display on the product detail page, but I'm unsure if the is the correct approach for the requirement? (it's more of an 'add on' than an 'option' but the concept of 'add on' seems to be missing in eChop?

Additionally, there are some tricky questions....

THE QUESTIONS

Can options be easily assigned at category level rather than product level?

How can the tax rate of the option be set? The product (a schoolbook) has a VAT rate of 0%. However, the book covering is a service and, as such, should have a tax rate assigned (23%). Is the option tax rate inherited from the product? This won't work for me, I need to configure the 'add on' with a different rate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #124024 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Best way to manage product add-ons
Dear Peter Mee,

Thank you for continuing to use our EShop Shopping Cart extension. I read the your requirement for the new project / website. Seem it is rather outstanding. Be default, EShop does not have the full of feature for you to implement it.

However, I think it can be implemented if we customize EShop. Please contact with me via ticket system so we can discuss and find a possible solution for what you want.

Have a nice weekend!

Sincerely, Giang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong