EShop Update failed

• Georg Lange
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126646 by Georg Lange
EShop Update failed was created by Georg Lange
Hello,

i have EShop 3.2.3 installed on Joomla 3.9.10. In the Joomla control panel i get notified, that there is a newer version of EShop, version 3.2.8 an i should update. After starting the update (EShop Update Package ) via Joomla Extensions: Update, i get an error:

Error
Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_dm...kage&document_id=145 .

Hitting the link in the errormessage, i get another error generated bei joomdonation.com. Namely an error 403 - Invalid Domain.

403 - Invalid Domain

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.

Please try one of the following pages:

Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

How can i update my EShop?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Best regards, Georg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126770 by Peter Mee
Replied by Peter Mee on topic EShop Update failed
Hi Georg

I ran into this issue when I first started with eShop and the answer is buried in documentation somewhere. You need to bypass the Joomla updater for eShop and do it like this;

1. Log in to JoomDonation
2. Go to MyDownloads in the top menu and download the eShop package
3. unzip the downloaded folder to reveal the required files
4. Backup your Joomla site files and database
5. Log in to Joomla Back End
6. Navigate to Extensions->Manage->Install
7. Drop the com_eshop_3.x.x.zip file inside the folder you downloaded onto the upload area on the plugin install page
8. Once done, smoke test your site to ensure all is in order.
9. Make millions $$$

I guess it's done like this to ensure that only users with a valid subscription can access the update files.

Take care not to drop the initial 'unzip_first' .zip package into the installer. You must first open this and find the eshop .zip package itself.

Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Georg Lange

• Georg Lange
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126806 by Georg Lange
Replied by Georg Lange on topic EShop Update failed
Thank you, Peter!

I updated the shop in another way, as all the data i had already entered in my shop was lost, i deinstalled the whole thing an installed the current version.
After that, i had to delete all tables in the database, as they are not deleted on deinstall (as stated in the documentation) an installed once more.
I found the part of the documentation about updating the shopsoftware. The process ist there clearly written down, although i find it weird to just-install-one-more-time. I'd expect that all of the data would be lost in such a case. Hence my question here.

Cheers, Georg!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 8 months ago #127177 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic EShop Update failed
Dear all,

1. The documentation for installing and updating EShop is available here eshopdocs.joomservices.com/getting-started/installation

2. If you can not install or update EShop, please contact us via ticket system to send us the your site information, then our support staff will help you.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong