Discount feature

• Rafal Dorobisz
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #127800 by Rafal Dorobisz
Discount feature was created by Rafal Dorobisz
I would like to ask if there is such an option to give a special discount of value or percentage X for users who purchased product A, and discount Y for users who purchased product B.

If there is no such feature, maybe it's planned for some future release?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 7 months ago #127853 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Discount feature
Hello Rafal,

Please try to go to EShop -> Sales -> Discount to try the discount function of EShop there.

You can also read the documentation about it here eshopdocs.joomservices.com/sales/discounts

Hope that this is useful.

Sincerely, Giang

• Rafal Dorobisz
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #127971 by Rafal Dorobisz
Replied by Rafal Dorobisz on topic Discount feature
Thank you for your response Giang.

I read the documentation before.
The issue is that there should be group with discounts, and the higher one for each product should be taken into account. Also, the user should be assigned to the group if he will purchase the specific product, right now a user can be assigned only to one group, and not after purchase, but after registration or by admin, so it seems that it's not possible to achieve such functionality?

For example if my customer will purchase a product for $500 I want to give him smaller products which are normally for $50 with a discount let's say 20%, so it would be $40 for him. If the user will purchase a product for $50 I don't want to give him 5% for other small products, but not for the big one. But for example if I would have $1000 product, and the client would purchase $500 and $1000, then I would give him higher discount let's say 40% for any other small products, so instead of $50 he could pay $30. In the present system, it's not possible due to one customer group per user, and the group is not assigned after product purchase.

I would appreciate such implementation, as the store is for selling, which is better with proper marketing and loyalty features.

More
4 years 6 months ago #128485 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Discount feature
Perhaps try AwoCoupon Pro from Awodev. It allows a lot of flexibility in targeted discounts, buy x get y etc. you could look at their Rewards component too to generate coupons or points triggered by a target spend per order, or accumulated. I think there’s still a free version for the coupons (without gift certificates), but it’s pretty good and the dev is very helpful too. awodev.com/products/joomla/awocoupon

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong