I need price including tax.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82316 by Nygllhuw
Replied by Nygllhuw on topic I need price including tax.
Hi guys, thanks for your comments. We are in discussions with Giang, my employer intends to meet with him very soon in Ho Chi Minh and get the spec for this change sorted out. It's good that the HikaShop (and Virtumart solutions are out there to look at - but we love our EShop! Will no doubt find out what the developers will charge for this addition to the code, and let you know - from our end we just have to have it in order to keep using the product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82324 by David
Replied by David on topic I need price including tax.
Well that's great news your boss will be meeting with Giang. I think this topic would really benefit from being discussed face to face. However I have to say that this "development" is very much in the interest of eshop, in order for it to really grow. So I will be interested to see what is discussed in terms of development costs.. or whether the guys behind eshop will take this work on themselves without charging.

In any case I think we are all agreed that we are fully behind eshop and think it's a pretty great product.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82381 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic I need price including tax.
OK, that is great news.
If it was not that far away, I would also like to go to Giang, but 9000+ kilometers is a bit too far. :ohmy:
Let's hope there comes a solution. I could also pay a (small) amount for a solution.

Regards, Peter

More
7 years 10 months ago #82964 by Peter
Hi guys,

any news about this topic?

Regards, Peter

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #83294 by Sander
Replied by Sander on topic I need price including tax.
I just noticed this after spending the day setting up my webshop...

I can't use the shop like this. I want to start adding products tomorrow (about 500) and I'm not going to alter all the prices afterwards when this issue is resolved. Your eshop can't be used by europeans this way. Please give us an update on your progress. I really can't wait with finishing my webshop.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Sander.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #83487 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic I need price including tax.
Hi Sander,

We can still use it by entering the Net price of the product at the back-end side and add a Tax Class to the product. After that, on the front-end side, the system will display the price include tax and price without tax.

If any one want to display the price include tax and tax amount, then we also supports that.

Sincerely, Giang

More
7 years 9 months ago #83520 by Nygllhuw
Replied by Nygllhuw on topic I need price including tax.
Hi Giang. This is not what this thread is asking for. We need shop owners to enter a net price, and the component to calculate the tax portion and the gross portion from that net price. In our case 15% New Zealand tax - Store owner enters $10.00 against an item as a net price, then the store shows Gross price $8.70, and tax portion $1.30. Yes, its maths, and MANY countries utilise this methodology, as do nearly all the Joomla shop components. We're asking for the facility to do this, and are happy to pay for the insertion of the code.

More
7 years 9 months ago #83616 by Peter
The biggest problem, is that a new customer is full with enthusiasm.
He enters a lot of products with the net price.
Then, after enabling the tax, he sees the net price AND tax. So, he has to start over again, and is not so enthusiast any more.

There should be a button to enter price with or without VAT.

Regards, Peter

More
7 years 4 months ago #90887 by Peter
Hi Giang,

is there any development in this issue?
Last week I bought the Event Booking, and today there was a new release: Link

When you look at point 8, this is exactly what I (and many other web builders) want in the new release.
I hope you can take some time to take a look at this.

Regards, Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nygllhuw

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #94836 by Kevin Morrison
Replied by Kevin Morrison on topic I need price including tax.
I have setup a fair number of ecommerce solutions and this is the very first one that does not give me control to decide if I want the price shown on the product to include tax. This should not even be a feature request, it should be a DEFAULT option PERIOD!

I challenge anyone to find even three online stores that have the tax included in the price before you make a purchase. This is unheard of and unacceptable!
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Kevin Morrison.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong