eShop — Shipping Option — Pick Up Yourself

• SHFPACT
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #60775 by SHFPACT
Hi as part of our eShop shipping options, i.e. post... we would like to add a option for clients to PICK UP items from our office, which would be free. Can you suggest how we would do that as I can't find a plug in that may work and the FREE Postage plug in does not let clients know that they need to pick the item up themselves.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #60839 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic eShop — Shipping Option — Pick Up Yourself
Hello Alex,

You should use default Free Shipping plugin in EShop. Then edit the language file of this shipping plugin which is located at language\en-GB\en-GB.plg_eshop_free.ini to change the text from "Free Shipping" to "Free Shipping (Pick up items from the office)" so client will know about that.

Hope that my answer is useful.
Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 10 months ago #63035 by Graham Boardman
Replied by Graham Boardman on topic eShop — Shipping Option — Pick Up Yourself
Hi Giang, will you be adding the option in future to be able to collect from a designated address?

The problem is that I already offer Free shipping on orders over a certain value, so I have no way to enable customer to collect from my address also (I actually want customer to be able to select from 2 different addresses for free collection) - is this something you are looking to implement?

Thanks,
Graham

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #63073 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic eShop — Shipping Option — Pick Up Yourself
Hello Graham,

I am a bit confused about your question. With Free Shipping, you have option to choose the Geo Zone to apply the Free Shipping so only customers in that Geo Zone can see the Free Shipping option.

Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #78593 by GESign
Hi Giang,

I have similar problem. We make a webshop where buyer can only pick up the product in Office. There is no delivery to Customer.
So I don't see any settings for this option. I really need this option. I will create a new shippment plugin. It is fine. But it looks like I really need to change the steps because of I don't need Delivery Details and currently Delivery Method because of we will use only one pick up address.

Could You let me know how I will able to do this, please.

Best regards, GESign.
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by GESign.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 days ago #78616 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello GESign,

Sound like you don't want to have the shipping function on your store. If so, simply go to EShop -> System -> Configuration -> Option tab, at "Require Shipping" choose No for it. Then Step 3 and Step 4 will be hidden from the Checkout.

Hope that it works as your expect.
Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #78628 by GESign
Dear Giang,

Thank You for your fast answer. I saw this solution just it didn't work for me. Now I see I need to set "Require Shipping" to "no" as well and it works well. Thank You!

Now my Customer has changed her mind she would have post shipping and Pick up point as well.
I would like to ask You about could You make dependency between Cu.'s own address and Pick up address?
I mean when You are in the process of checkout at Step 3 Could Cu. choose an existing address of the Pick up point instead of his existing address or his new address, please.
I would like to connect somehow delivery details and method (Step 3 and 4). Maybe the order of these 2 steps could replace each other: Step 3: delivery method and after step 4 delivery details, because of we don't need step delivery details if we choose pick up point, so we could leave out step 4 when we choose pick up point at step 3.

What do You think about this way of thinking, please.

Best regards,
GESign
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by GESign.

More
8 years 5 days ago #78632 by Graham Boardman
Replied by Graham Boardman on topic eShop — Shipping Option — Pick Up Yourself
This is still something I would find useful too - I can't currently offer 'Customer Collection' as I already offer Free Shipping so am unable to use that plugin for anything else.

Like GESign has suggested, if step 4 & step 3 were switched and the customer selected the option for 'Customer Collection' when asked about delivery method in step 3, instead of asking for the customer's delivery details in step 4 it would show a pre-defined collection point (or list of collection points for the customer to select one). It would also not charge the customer a delivery fee.

It would be really useful if this was possible!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #110570 by Aradise
What ever happened to this request? It seems like a logical flow for check out yet there's no plugin for it. I need shipping if the customer opts out of picking up the order at the store.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #110592 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi again Aradise,

If you want to support the "Picking up at store" shipping option, simply use Free Shipping for it. Please continue to following up the ticket to get the solution.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong