Sorting Eshop Products in ascending Alphabetical Order

• Brian Kirk
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #110051 by Brian Kirk
Hi

Within Eshop we are adding quite a number of additional products, not necessarily in alphabetical order in batches.
One thing I have noticed with EShop is that when accessing an EShop product listing screen in the front end, the products appear to be displayed initially in I believe in an order corresponding to their ID number....
In order to get them to display in alphabetical order one has to go to the Sort By: box, then ‘click’ on the arrow for the drop down then ‘click’ on anything but Product Name (A – Z), then after the system has resorted then ‘click’ back on Product Name (A – Z) to get everything to be sorted in ascending alphabetical order. This seems a bit convoluted and means that on a cursory inspection by a prospective purchaser items can easily be missed.
I realise it is possible to go into the back end and manually sort products into an order by clicking on the Ordering Column and dragging the product to where you want it to be, but this is very labourious and shouldn't really be necessary.
In the back end one can sort the products into either ascending or descending alphabetical order by clicking on Name and sorting on that column. Is it possible with this invoked and with products sorted into ascending alphabetical order to have this as the 'new' default order which is displayed in the front end without manually clicking on the sort box to get what one wants?
I've been advised (by our web design company) that this is not possible in EShop and that one has to manually move every item one at a time in the back end to achieve that (as described earlier),.....surely that can't be right......have we all missed something?....or is it something that can be done by customisation?.....or something for the EShop wish list?

Any advice welcome

Brian K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 month ago #110594 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Sorting Eshop Products in ascending Alphabetical Order
Hello Brian,

EShop has the option allows you to choose Default sorting for products list. Please go to the back-end of your site, then go to EShop -> System -> Configuration -> Options tab to choose Default Sorting item from there.

Also, you can also choose which sorting options to available for customers to choose from there.

Sincerely, Giang

• Brian Kirk
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #110639 by Brian Kirk
Hi Giang

Thanks for the response, but unless I missed something, these options didn't seem to give the answer of allowing all of the products initially displayed in a single list in ascending alphabetical order.
I have since moved all of the products into the required order by logging on top the back end, opening EShop>Catalog>Products then clicking on the up/down ordering arrows (left column) then re-arranging them by dragging and dropping.
So have achieved what was wanted but took much longer than a few mouse clicks and will have to be repeated as and when other products are added.

Regards

Brian

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 month ago #110691 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Sorting Eshop Products in ascending Alphabetical Order
Hello Brian,

The default sorting option under configuration of EShop should work as your expect. If not, please submit a new ticket to your site so I can help you to check.

Have a nice weekend!

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong