Feedback or survey pop-up box on completed order page

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122366 by Steven J
To collect purchaser feedback, etc., I am trying to add a survey or a link to a survey in a box that pop-ups when the completed order page is displayed. I am trying to use Engage Box ( www.tassos.gr/joomla-extensions/engagebox ) for the pop-up box. The Engage Box pop-up box can be triggered by, among other things, a user visiting specific menu items or URLs. I suspect that other pop-up box extensions work similarly.

I know that I can create a custom page that customers are directed to after placing a successful order and can use the URL of that custom completed order page to trigger the pop-up box I want, but I want to the order detail table from the default completed order page to be shown on the custom completed order page.

(1) Is there one (or more) specific URLs for the default completed order page I can identify as the trigger for the pop-up box and, if so, what is it? (2) Is there an easy way I can add the order detail table to a custom completed order page? (3) Do you have a suggestion for another way to add a pop-up box to the default completed page to draw attention to a request for feedback?

Steven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122407 by Steven J
I know that the address of the successful order confirmation page seems to be "…/checkout/complete". The Engage Box Joomla component I use allows me to use “/checkout/complete” as the URL and it will include all addresses that match. My question #1 above is really if there are other variations of the order confirmation page? I’m still interested in answers to my questions #2 and #3.

More
5 years 2 months ago #122412 by Clifton Murphy
Replied by Clifton Murphy on topic Feedback or survey pop-up box on completed order page
The landing page is customized inside Eshop configuration. This can be a URL or an actual Joomla article. See screen shot for this setting. It is located in the "Eshop > Configuration > Option" tab, near the bottom, under the "Checkout" options list.

Now, if you set your cart to "registered" only, then you know for 100% certainty that all shoppers are logged in. Therefore you can set the landing page for successful order completion to the customers own "My Orders" page. This would automatically redirect everyone to their "My Orders" page after a purchase and you could put your popup on that page.

The URL for that page is (If you are using SEF URLS like me) www.funnybugbees.com/my-account-support/...ccount/order-history , of course, insert your domain name and replace mine, or just create a customer account on your website and login to the front end using it, and navigate to the "My Orders" page on your website to get your actual URL.

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
252-933-4840
Attachments:

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #129931 by Vitalii Artomov
Replied by Vitalii Artomov on topic Feedback or survey pop-up box on completed order page
I join the question of topicstarter.

1 (see screenshot) — by what principle is the URL formed if language non-english? How can this be managed?
2 (see screenshot) — can this information be displayed in a module or somehow on a custom article, landing page?

I need to create an individual order complete page, but display this table on it. Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Vitalii Artomov.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 4 months ago #130365 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Feedback or survey pop-up box on completed order page
Dear all,

You can customize the complete order page of EShop by overwriting the layout components/com_eshop/themes/default/views/checkout/complete.php

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong