• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #122444 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 3.8.5 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Continue the effort of making Events Booking better and more flexible, Today, I am happy to announce new version of Events Booking 3.8.5 with some improvements:

1. Support ACYMailing Version 6

We added a new plugin called Events Booking - AcyMailing 6 to work with latest version of ACYMailing (actually, it's a new extension with new code). So now, if you want, you can update your site to use ACYMailing version 6 and Events Booking will work well with that extension

2. Improve Ticket Types Plugin

We added a new config option called Hide price column for free ticket types. If you only offer free ticket types, you can set that config option to Yes and the price and payment amount for these ticket types will be hided (before, it will be displayed as Free text)

3. Improve Frontend Submit Event Form (default layout)

You can now control which fields you want to show on submit event form (default layout) using config options from Submit Event Form Fields tab in Events Booking configuration (in earlier version, these settings will only effect Simple Submit Event Form layout)

4. Added Latest Registrants Module

This is an administrator module allows you to quickly see and access to latest registrants from cpanel of administrator area of your website. If you want to use it, publish the module Events Booking - Latest Registrants and assign it to cpanel position in backend template

5. Allow hiding group registration rates on event details page

Sometime, you would want to hide group registration rates on event details page (maybe you want to insert in manually in description of the event). If you want to do so, just set Show Group Registration Rates config option (under Themes tab) to No

6. Improve Joomla Groups plugin

Added a new parameter called Default User Groups. If you want to assign registrants of all of your events to the same user groups, you can select the user groups you want in this parameter instead of having to select it for each event.

Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these improvements

Thanks for continue using our product and support our development. We will continue working hard to improve the products, make it better from time to time

Tuan
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zoe White

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Annamarie Hessman
More
5 years 1 month ago #122472 by Annamarie Hessman
Replied by Annamarie Hessman on topic Events Booking version 3.8.5 released
I just got an alert in the Joomla! Update manager this was available.

I selected & clicked 'update' and got the following message:

"Error
Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from www.joomdonation.com/index.php?option=co...ckage&document_id=56 ."

When I load that update URL I get a 403 error.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago #122473 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 3.8.5 released
I think it's because you haven't configured Download ID yet. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/getting...on#use-joomla-update for detailed instructions and try again

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie Hessman

• Annamarie Hessman
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #122485 by Annamarie Hessman
I have now added the Download ID but am having the same experience.

The error on the 403 page is "Invalid Domain" -- does it check the Joomla domain? because I am using a subdomain for test.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Annamarie Hessman.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago #122486 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Maybe that Download ID was used for a different domain before. Please add a new Download ID and use that new Download ID for Events Booking on that site. It should work well

Tuan

• Annamarie Hessman
More
5 years 1 month ago #122487 by Annamarie Hessman
The Domain Name field is blank in the Manage Download IDs page and there is nowhere for me to update it. If you're relying on automatic domain detection that's a problem since my client machine is on my home network and the domain web site is hosted on the same server with other virtual domains.

More
5 years 1 month ago #122507 by Tuscany
Replied by Tuscany on topic Events Booking version 3.8.5 released
Hi !
There is something going wrong with this Download IDs

Today I updated several websites. most of them were updated fine, but on 2 of them I got above described error message.
On 1 of them it worked on a later time
1 is still refusing to update.
I already issued a new Download Id but it didn't help
On my Download IDs table the one site which refuses to update has a blank field in Domain column

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago #122546 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

In this case, please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of the site which is having this update issue. We are going to check to see why update does not work and get it sorted

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago #122558 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Just want to update that the issue with update happens because the plugin Installer - Events Booking was disabled. We enabled the plugin and upgrade works well

Tuan

More
5 years 1 month ago #122583 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking version 3.8.5 released
Love the new Joomla CPanel recent registrant module!
I think a few "quick link" buttons along the bottom of the module would be a huge asset. A button to take you directly to Registrants is the most obvious, but I think that buttons for Events, Export Registrants, Coupons and the main Dashboard would be great too.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.