How to make a simple override of the form fields ?

• Andrea
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #113867 by Andrea
Hello Tuan, all,

I wanted to ask if you could illustrate (and maybe post an example) of how we can "simply" change the CSS of the forms.

I mean, on my template all of the form fields have horrible borders and paddings. The width of the fields are not the same between field types, and the labels are not aligned with the fields.

So I assume there is the possibility to do an override, maybe with the !important clause somewhere and make it right.

But the ignorant folks like me don't know what a CSS syntax is, what to change etc. So it would be fantastic if you could help us out.

Thanks!!

Andrea.

PS: Please see how ugly it looks like my form here: www.elementotango.it/prenotazione/camera-singola-o-dus compared to another "forms" module like this one: www.elementotango.it/events-booking/prenotazione-milonga.html

I would love to make EB's forms look like the 2nd one..

Visit my page! www.elementotango.it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #113882 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to make a simple override of the form fields ?
It would be something with custom css. I could not access to the pages to check because it throws 403 error

For this case, I guess you should submit a support ticket so that our template developer can assist if needed

(Not seeing the form, so I don't know if the change is possible)

Tuan

• Andrea
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #113897 by Andrea
Hi Tuan, sorry you can't access it because of my Geo restriction rules. Can you please let me know what Country are you located in, so I can allow you to see it ? I would really love to show it to you so you can tell if this is feasable.

I don't want to bother your staff for nothing.

Thanks!

Andrea

More
5 years 10 months ago #113899 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to make a simple override of the form fields ?
Hi Andrea

I'm from Vietnam

Regards,

Tuan

• Andrea
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #113910 by Andrea
Hi Tuan,

I think I've removed the Geo restrictions now. Can you please try accessing the two pages I mentioned above now ?

Thanks!

Andrea

More
5 years 10 months ago #113932 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Andrea

Compare to your form, Events Booking form doesn't have an option to:

1. Show fields in 2 columns

2. Show fields field title over the input

So I think the only changes we can do is:

1. Change background to white
2. Maybe making the border of the input looks like your form input

If you need it, then Yes, submit a support ticket and we can help with these two changes

Tuan