Custom Override Does Not Work for Group Registration

• temills
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
1 week 2 days ago #125695 by temills
Hi Tuan,
We use a custom override of view/register (in view/override/register) to add a variable for the event year. We then use a custom javascript (in media/com-eventbooking/assets/js) to check compliance of two custom fields (identified by class) using the event year as one of the parameters. This works well for individual registration but does not function for group registration. How can I get this to work for groups?

Thanks for your help,
Tem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 2 days ago #125699 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom Override Does Not Work for Group Registration
Hi Tem

Without knowing exactly the customization you made, and what's wrong, there is no way for me to know why it does not work

Maybe you can send us the link to the page and explain how you expect it to work so that I can look at it?

Tuan

• temills
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
1 week 2 days ago #125722 by temills
Hi Tuan,
I since discovered the cause: On individual registration, the id/name of the input is correctly identified to the script function, but on group registration, the id/name of the input is affixed with an underscore and sequence number (e.g., _1) that is not recognized by the script.

I use "onblur" to trigger the function, so I need to discover a way to get the function to recognize the specific input element(s) when triggered. For instance, (1) identify the input that triggered the blur, (e.g., YOB_1), (2) identify the corresponding input, (e.g., Category_1), (3) and run the test with those two inputs. Any suggestions dearly welcomed.

I'll post the solution to the forum when I discover it.

Thanks again,
Tem

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 2 days ago #125723 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom Override Does Not Work for Group Registration
Hi Tem

I must be honest that I am not good at javascript, so I am afraid of I could not give good suggestion

I am not sure how you add event trigger to the input? I am sure there must be a way to get the element which the event occurs

For example, onblur="eventHandle(this);"

Then inside eventHandle function, we should be allowed to access to the element attributes like id, name....

Tuan