Calendar Event Thumbnail

More
10 years 1 week ago #43902 by designjah
Replied by designjah on topic Calendar Event Thumbnail
Tuan was quick to fix the issue on my site. He also let me know that this feature should be included in the core build for the next version. No ETA on the next version... Hope this bit of news will help other users out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #45348 by mike
Replied by mike on topic Calendar Event Thumbnail
1.6.2, any chance of getting this fixed?

More
9 years 3 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #56395 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Calendar Event Thumbnail
Still not included in the core build as of v1.6.9... but I rebuilt the patch for myself (and everyone else) to use :)

WORKING v1.6.9 PATCH ATTACHED! (EDIT: patch still confirmed working as of v1.7.3)
Use it to overwrite [ /components/com_eventbooking/views/common/calendar.php ].

CHARACTER LIMITER ADDED: I included code to trim the event name text that appears under the image down to 38 characters (or less... it breaks on the 'space' before the 38th character) because my long event names were really making the calendar cells appear really tall. You can change the 38-character default limit on line 82 (look for $charlimit = 38;) if you need it shorter or longer (if you want to disable it completely, just set it way higher that you'll ever need, eg. 999).

CSS STYLE THOUGHTS: I made some changes to on my site to the CSS styles that are applied to the calendar. These are made on my local site via a CSS override script and not in the attached file. Here are the overrides I applied if anyone cares to know what I found works better for me.
Code:
.regpro-calendarDay {text-align:center;} .regpro-calendarDay .eb_event_link {line-height:1em; font-size:10px; min-height:69px; } .regpro-calendarDay .eb_event_link img {float:left; max-width:33%; margint:0 5px 3px 0;}

Note: DON'T USE the OLD v1.5.3 PATCH that Tuan posted in response to the OP as it will not work with CURRENT BUILDS!! It looks like there were file location & variable changes made some time after the build ( v1.5.3) that the original patch was built on.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by James Riley. Reason: updates / typo corrections

More
9 years 3 months ago #56396 by James Riley
Please add this feature to core!!

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #62591 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Calendar Event Thumbnail
Third time I have edited this, sorry.
I have installed EB 1.7.3 and the path doesn't exist for that patch.
Also the thumbnails are not working at all (will not even upload).

Any ideas?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Alison. Reason: version change

More
8 years 10 months ago #64273 by James Riley

Alison Gregory wrote: I have installed EB 1.7.3 and the path doesn't exist for that patch.
Also the thumbnails are not working at all (will not even upload).
Any ideas?

@Alison Gregory: I haven't upgraded to 1.7.3 yet, but it works fine in my current 1.7.1 install. I will probably upgrade at 1.7.4, so I will post back then and let you know if I need to revise my code for that release.

More
8 years 10 months ago #64309 by Simon Evans
Replied by Simon Evans on topic Calendar Event Thumbnail
This patch works 100% with Event Booking version 1.7.3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Riley

More
8 years 8 months ago #66688 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Calendar Event Thumbnail
Update : This is now integrated in the core download package which you can download from server. Just update to this latest version, then go to Configuration, look at Themes tab, find the config option "Show Event Image in Calendar", set it to Yes and the thumb image of event will be displayed in calendar (main calendar, not mini calendar as mini calendar doesn't have enough space to display it)

Thanks James for sharing the patch.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc