• Russell Noble
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 1 month ago #78000 by Russell Noble
Assign coupons to Categories was created by Russell Noble
Hi,
at the moment coupons can be assigned to all events, or a list of one or more individual events. For us this means manually adding eligible events to all the coupons, or you have to allow coupons for everything.

Request for Enhancements is to allow categories (or even a single category) to be selected and the coupon would apply to events in the category / categories.

Regards,
Russell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #78883 by Dan Sajdowitz
Replied by Dan Sajdowitz on topic Assign coupons to Categories
Yes, please. I would love this, too.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #78884 by Roger D
Replied by Roger D on topic Assign coupons to Categories
Would like this, too.

More
7 years 5 months ago #89837 by Jay
Replied by Jay on topic Assign coupons to Categories
Coupon Groups would be great.

We have chapter events, and we hand out a coupon for 10$ of for any chapter event. We have to manually ad every chapter event every time there is a new chapter event, because you cannot add all events. We have networking events, professional development days, all events just does not work.

Using Coupon groups (Categories) where you can tag an event in a coupon group. And that coupon group has the discount. Then each time we create an event, we assign it to a coupon group. And you can put coupons into coupon groups. Like an index table. that way maintenance for users is extremely low. We just setup the event, add the coupon group, Done. If if someone needs to have a specific coupon assigned to a specific event, they can of course still do that too.
  1. Table for Events, field added Coupon Group ID
  2. Table for coupons field added Coupon Group ID
  3. Table added for Coupon Groups.
  4. Write your queries to calculate discounts based on coupons belonging to event, and groups belonging to coupon.
  5. A simple validation that stops a person from assigning a coupon to an event which that has a group assigned to it
  6. A simple validation that stops a group to a event which already has a coupon assigned to it.
  7. If you want it really easy to use, the validation will let the user know. This event already has a coupon assigned to it. Do you want to clear all coupons and assign the coupon group to the event?

More
7 years 5 months ago #89883 by Dan Sajdowitz
Replied by Dan Sajdowitz on topic Assign coupons to Categories
This becomes really problematic when you're using something like Groupon. You generate hundreds of coupon codes, but only want the coupons to work on certain events. If I have, for example, 500 coupon codes and only want to assign those to 10 of my 15 events, that's 5000 clicks on the event dropdown (or you use mySQL to do the changes like I currently do). For each new event I add, I have to then select each code and add the event (or again, use mySQL).

This would be resolved easily by using groups.

Thanks for the consideration.

More
7 years 5 months ago #89946 by Hamlin Gordon
Replied by Hamlin Gordon on topic Assign coupons to Categories
Totally agree

More
7 years 1 month ago #95885 by Roberto Bonazza
Replied by Roberto Bonazza on topic Assign coupons to Categories
It would be a useful feature for me too

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc