Coupons: Except Events

• Dan Sajdowitz
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #89824 by Dan Sajdowitz
Coupons: Except Events was created by Dan Sajdowitz
Looking for a modification to setting up coupons.

Current behavior is to select All Events or to specify events. Could you add an option to exclude events, either by name or category (maybe both)?

Also, on the event creation page, the Enable Coupon dropdown should have an option to disable coupons for the event. Right now, the only options are to Use Global, Individual Only, Group Only, or Both.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison, Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #89836 by Jay
Replied by Jay on topic Coupons: Except Events
If there could be coupon groups, and events can be added to a coupon group. Then coupons could be available for a group.

Then you can do things like
1) have chapter events in a group called monthly meeting,
2) Networking events but in a group called "No Discounts",
3) Annual events with special discounts that you never want to be applied to other events can be in their own group.

I think using groups will solve the issue of events except, but also add the flexibility for many other things too. And being a programmer, this is much easier to add. A simple default group that all events belong to, and the ability to mass migrate all events to a custom coupon group, or leave in default coupon group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison

More
7 years 1 month ago #95888 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Coupons: Except Events
I'd also really like the ability to disable the Coupons in the event creation page drop-down selection as Dan suggests.
I've used the workaround in the meantime to disable coupons in the global configuration, and then override it in this event creation setting when I want to activate it. It somehow seems a little counter-intuitive, and would rather enable globally and disable for certain events as necessary.

The Coupon groups idea is also good.

Thanks very much.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc