custom.css in the backend

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #93145 by James Riley
custom.css in the backend was created by James Riley
The Custom CSS tab in [EB -> Configuration] is only for the frontend /media/com_eventbooking/assets/css/custom.css (and that CSS file doesn't load when working in the backend ).
So..... I've hacked a backend Custom.CSS it into my install of EB because I needed it for modifying some backend layout. Maybe someone else out there needs a backend custom.css too???.

Would you consider adding a backend custom.css (see code below) for us advanced users? Maybe, if there is need among the user base, adding it to the [Custom CSS tab] could come later.

Here's my hack code, as added to /administrator/components/com_eventbooking/controller/controller.php:
Code:
/* AFTER EXISTING LINE: JFactory::getDocument()->addStyleSheet(JUri::base(true) . '/components/com_eventbooking/assets/css/style.css'); */ if (file_exists(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR . '/components/com_eventbooking/assets/css/custom.css'))JFactory::getDocument()->addStyleSheet(JUri::base(true) . '/components/com_eventbooking/assets/css/custom.css');

This would of course also need a corresponding entry in the installer in order to generate this file if it does not exist (so that people can actually make use of the feature -- a feature that no one knows about is not a great feature), after which the "if file_exist" portion of my above code could be dropped.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #94621 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic custom.css in the backend
Hello James

Just want to update that I now implemented this code and it will be available in the next release 2.14.0. From next release, you can add custom css code for backend, too

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Riley

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #94633 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic custom.css in the backend
Thanks, Tuan! :)

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc