Custom image on top of mini calendar

• Fabio Capponi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #94112 by Fabio Capponi
Custom image on top of mini calendar was created by Fabio Capponi
Hi,
Thanks for your good component!
It would be usefull to have the option in mini calendar mudule to add an image on top, targeting in this way visitor to a particular calendar.
Something like the pic attached.
Best regards,
Fabio

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #94115 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Custom image on top of mini calendar
I like your idea. Here are a few questions that I think would need addressing.

How would the image be selected: Manual selection within the module / select from all "featured" events that it is set to display (as long as they have images associated) / next upcoming event (featured takes priority) / something else?

Single static image, or does it rotate between the next 3 or 5 or etc. coming events?

If image selection is automatic, what about the image aspect. Is it a set size and non-confirming images are cropped? This could be a real issue if images rotate automatically through all available event images.

Of course, it would be a clickable link. Would it go to the event's details page?

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• Fabio Capponi
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #94124 by Fabio Capponi
Replied by Fabio Capponi on topic Custom image on top of mini calendar
The simplest solution for me would be to have an option within the module to select the static image with a conventional window editor, so I can eventually assign a mini calendar module to a particular category and to associate an image (+ text) to it In this way I can have different mini calendar with same category but different images (+text) , depending where modules are in the site. Image shoud be automatically resized by module on weight, and shoul be responsive. Adding image via a window editor may become a clickable link too.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Fabio Capponi.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc