'Max Discount' Settings - to avoid double-dipping

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #98298 by intouchweb
I would like to request a feature, which would be very handy, to go on the "Discount Setting" tab for events.
A "MAXIMUM DISCOUNT" option for Indidual Registrations and Group registrations

I am finding problems with discounts being doubled-up for events.

For example a member logs in and gets an automatic member discount to an event and then they are ALSO able to use a discount code (intended for other groups) which unintentionally will get them two discounts.

Another example - a member logs in to get an automatic member discount but then books 5 tickets to an event from non-members (not eligible for the discount) - the discount will be given to each person.

So my suggestion is to add TWO configuration options to the "Discount Settings" tab to define maximum discounts for each event:
1. Maximum Discount per Individual Registration, and
2. Maximum Discount per Group Booking

Does anyone else feel this is a good idea?
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by intouchweb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #98330 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic 'Max Discount' Settings - to avoid double-dipping
I can see this being helpful for my events!
I've hosted past events where we've had explicitly tell people via a conditional message field to "please do not use a coupon code if you are selecting this option as coupon discounts cannot be combined with this rate". We have to trust them to comply (which most do), or contact them to request more money if they don't (which is awkward).

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc