Feature Requests for upcoming release

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #99916 by Donal
Hi,
as a long term user of Event Booking, here are some suggestions to improve the component. It'd be great if some (or all!! :) ) of these requests were incorporated into the upcoming major release.

Use Case: We run weekly camps and terms of 12 x one hour long weekly clubs for children. Each event is split into 2: junior and senior (so we currently use 2 EB events for each of our physical events). Children can join our term of clubs at any stage during the term, and just pay for the remainder. I use a shopping cart, so users can add both junior and senior registrants in 1 booking. As parents register their children, I need to collect each members details.

Suggestions:
1) Improve ability to test. for example, I have just set up the deposit payment reminder email, with a number of different tags. I have no idea if it works, and will only find out if my customers send me back the email for some reason. It would be great to have a "preview" button, which would send an email to the admin for testing and verification. The admin might need to enter an event ID or registration ID so the email can populate.
2) For deposit completion payments, if a user has registered for both junior and senior groups, they will need to make 2 completion payments. This is imperfect, and costs us money in fees as well as being inconvenient for the customer.
3) The waiting list email [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] is very different to the registered email [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] I would like custom fields to be included in the waiting list, e.g. child's age and comment. These are very important to us, and it is great to quickly decide next course of action from the admin emails.
4) Our customers often register juniors in senior group and vice versa. It should be possible to change each child in a multiple booking registration easily. At the moment, I need to delete one of the children and create a new registration in the back end.
5) Registrations created in the back end should not immediately send an email to the customer. Or at least, there should be an option for this in the configuration
6) Allow for setting up a term of events, i.e. one event with one registration list, ran over a number of weeks. The price should reduce as each week passes. I need to do this manually at the moment, and it is very time intensive. I also can't use a calendar view to show customers when the clubs are on or not. This is a big miss.
7) There should be tighter integration with Google's tools, e.g. analytics and adwords. Goal completion should be easier to configure.
8) It should be possible to configure emails and messages per category/parent category. At the moment, even JoomDonation don't know what email will be sent if multiple registrations for different categories are completed in a transaction. This should be included in the documentation with a flowchart.
9) Tighter integration with Acymailing should be possible. At the moment, I have edited EB to only add completed registrations to an Acymailing list. Ideally, waiting list people would also be added, but with a waiting list flag set. I know I can achieve this by jumping through a few hoops, but it would be great if it was easily configurable.
10) "Number of days before event to stop accepting deposits" setting. At the moment, I have a reminder in my phone to change the deposit amount to 0 for each event, 21 days before the event.

Regards,
D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Handler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #100464 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Feature Requests for upcoming release
To add to this, I'd love a field where staff could enter notes about a booking, safe in the knowledge that the contents aren't going to be sent to the customer. Would make management of events much easier.

More
6 years 8 months ago #101447 by Steve Davison
Replied by Steve Davison on topic Feature Requests for upcoming release
Add Notes to each customers booking would be very useful for me also

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc