• LAC Webadmin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 11 months ago #112779 by LAC Webadmin
Ability to Choose Fields to Export was created by LAC Webadmin
Hi Tuan,

Please consider adding the ability to choose which Custom Fields to include when exporting registrants. This is useful in creating different reports for different group of people, e.g., Event Coordinator, Accounting Department where for Event Coordinator they only need data like names, contact info, and paid or not. The Accounting Department needs the transaction details and more.

Thanks,

Jackson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #112781 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Ability to Choose Fields to Export
I think the ability to create and save "custom export" would be a huge asset to many users!
edit: (By saved, I mean being able to save the report template or filter so that you can select the same settings again at a later date to generate a new export).

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by James Riley.

• LAC Webadmin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 11 months ago #112884 by LAC Webadmin
Replied by LAC Webadmin on topic Ability to Choose Fields to Export
:D Well, I only asked for a simple feature but James asked for Report management. If you can do it Tuan, that would be perfect!

Applications like this that involves money has to have reporting system. Most Joomla developers neglect this feature and they always think and design products with a single user system in mind.

More
5 years 11 months ago #113029 by Sunil
Replied by Sunil on topic Ability to Choose Fields to Export
I currently use an extension called Table JX from tools JX to create some custom reports.
The problem is that not all the custom fields are available in one table. Tuan has given me an url to run for each field that needs to be included in the eb_registrants table.

• LAC Webadmin
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #120887 by LAC Webadmin
Replied by LAC Webadmin on topic Ability to Choose Fields to Export
That's the problem :D you have to use 3rd party extension when that feature is doable in Events Booking. Well, as a work around that is a solution but I am hoping for a real solution. Features that improves the product and makes Tuan's clients happy :D.

More
5 years 3 months ago #120906 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ability to Choose Fields to Export
I work very hard but sometime, you have to accept that an extension could not do everything. If you want it works exactly as you need, the only way is building the extension yourself.

Back to this request, at the moment, it is quite flexible:

- For each custom fields, you can choose whether you want it to be included in the export by changing Hide On Export parameter
- For other fields like Event Date, Payment Amount..., you can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, look at Export Registrants Settings tab, choose to include/exclude the fields you need

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc