Multiple sessions in a single event

• Arbind Bhagat
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #119781 by Arbind Bhagat
Multiple sessions in a single event was created by Arbind Bhagat
It will be a good feature to have the options for multiple session within a single event.

On the backend, while creating an event, the admins can set multiple sessions (each with a title, time, room/place, speaker, etc).

On the frontend, while registering, the users can select which session would they like to attend.

MOST IMPORTANT:
During check-in (when an admin marks a registrant as checked-in), the system should ask which session(s) to check-in for each registrant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #120535 by Michael Pavey
Replied by Michael Pavey on topic Multiple sessions in a single event
Isn't this what the Agenda component is designed to do? It's very rudimentary, but might be worth looking into if you haven't already.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123058 by Nicole Warner
Replied by Nicole Warner on topic Multiple sessions in a single event
I haven't seen anything about the agenda, but I don't use all the features. Where is this, Michael?

I'd also like to see multiple sessions in one event. I host one event regularly that has two sessions and I'd like people to be able to register for both at the same time (Part 1 and part 2). Somehow I can only ever have two events under the same topic, which then loads two events in AcyMailing auto-newsletters (which is annoying) and it gets confusing for my clients because every time I make a change to the main event, it updates the second event and turns on registration for it, so people think there are two different dates for the same thing, although they are parts 1 and 2. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this, and I always make sure the "update child event" is unchecked, but it updates it anyway.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123059 by Michael Pavey
Replied by Michael Pavey on topic Multiple sessions in a single event
It's a plugin deactivated by default (so go to Components(?) > Manage > [search Events Booking - Agenda] > [activate], then it will appear in the Events Booking interface on the event detail page.) Rereading this thread I'm not sure how much use it would be though, all it does is display a module on the frontend event detail page with the session info — it doesn't handle registration for individual sessions unfortunately.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #123061 by Nicole Warner
Replied by Nicole Warner on topic Multiple sessions in a single event
Thank you very much! :-) That might actually be helpful for now. Currently I remind everyone to add the second event to their calendar a couple of times, but sometimes they still forget. I will try this next time and see if helps them.

• Arbind Bhagat
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #126218 by Arbind Bhagat
Replied by Arbind Bhagat on topic Multiple sessions in a single event
Agenda won't do it. As mentioned, the most important part is to check-in registrants in each session/agenda, which is the feature that is missing.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc