How to reduce the size of a custom field text box

• Brandy Hurley
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #37357 by Brandy Hurley
I am using the Text box type in a custom field, so that I can have it calculate extra fees based on how many jars someone buys.

How can I reduce the size of a custom field text box? I tried at the bottom of the custom field screen for my item, but it did not work. I have 1 in that line. Still same size as it was.
The box is very wide, but all I need to do it have them add in a single number. But one customer wrote in "4 jars" instead of just the number 4. So it wouldn't calculate.

I tried doing a dropdown and listing out numbers 1-10, but it did not calculate correctly.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #37365 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to reduce the size of a custom field text box
Hi

You can try to change the css class property of the custom field to input-min and try again ?

Tuan

More
10 years 5 months ago #37366 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to reduce the size of a custom field text box
Also, in the Extra property of the custom field, please type maxlength=1. By doing that, users cannot type more than one character into that field.

Tuan

More
6 years 10 months ago #99123 by assur3
None of these is working for me. Size settings for Countries, List Box, etc. all work OK with input-medium, etc., but text boxes display full width of page.

For text custom field, I tried entering values into max length, then into Size, then I tried maxlength=10 into Extra field, then input-small into CSS field. input-small, etc. only changes the height of the text field, not the width.

What can I do to change the width of the text field display?

More
6 years 10 months ago #99130 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic How to reduce the size of a custom field text box
Your site template's must be forcing the width with its CSS declarations. If you post a link to an event on your site, I can help you with fixing that part.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
6 years 10 months ago #99150 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to reduce the size of a custom field text box
As James said, look like there is some css code from your site template causing the issue. Send the link here so that James / our developers can guide you to correct it

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc