Session Expired Error

• Chris Allen
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #91308 by Chris Allen
Session Expired Error was created by Chris Allen
Hi Dam,

I keep on getting "Session was expired" on the group registration for EventsBooking, I've tried changing the live_site to none, and making sure that cache is off as mentioned in an older post about payment plugins, but it doesn't seem to work.

Can you please advise?

Thanks

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #91379 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Session Expired Error
Hi Chris

What's number of group members you are trying to register for ? Could you please send me the link to the page so that I can take a look at it?

For some reasons, it seems session data was lost and it's the reason causing the error

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 1 week ago #96076 by Chris Elliott
Replied by Chris Elliott on topic Session Expired Error
Hi Tuan
I am also seeing this issue. It is not consistent but even adding 2 attendees to an event, we have seen the session timeout error.
To test (rememer it is not always reproducable) the URL is

bit.ly/2n5T7zW

Hope you can see it?

Chris (a different one)

More
7 years 1 week ago #96078 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Chris

Sometime, the issue might happens, usually, session is lost for some reasons. For this issue, please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and the link to the page

We will try to check to see why the issue happens and get it sorted

Tuan

More
7 years 1 week ago #96079 by Chris Elliott
Thanks! I'll do that today!

C

More
7 years 1 day ago #96419 by Chris Elliott
Hi Guys
Clearing the cache has resolved this issue but instead, a different issue is seen whe booking a Group Registration.

When we complete the form for a group registration, the system provides a good "Registration Complete' screen with all fields showing. However, from time to time, even after a cache clear, certain fields are not showing in the backend Registrants page, such as the group name booker and those booked by the group booker and, also the email adrerss of the booker is also not always presented in teh backen Regsitrants Manager page. When this happens, looking at the invalid back end entry, I see that none of the field values are stored BUT the system does now that (for example) 2 were booked onto the event because the Event Group Registration rates are being applied!

We are using a couple of custom fields to suppprt these fields but the fact that the problem is random might suggest the settings for the custom fields is oK?

Can I send you a system UserID and password for you to take a look?

Chris

More
7 years 1 day ago #96441 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Chris

Yes. Please go to www.joomdonation.com/support-tickets.html , submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of the site and the link to the registration page

We will try to check to see why the issue happens and get it sorted

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 10 months ago #98292 by intouchweb
Replied by intouchweb on topic Session Expired Error
Tuan,
I have just opened up the Group Bookings feature today and received a report with the same problem - receiving error "Sorry, your session was expired. Please try again" during the process registering . Then the user starts again and receives the same error. What was the cause of this issue, please advise what I can do. The user was using Microsoft Edge browser if that is relevant.

More
6 years 10 months ago #98293 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I am afraid of the session data is lost for some reasons and it might happen with Edge browser only. Please ask him to register using a different browser, for example, Chrome or Firefox to see whether he gets the same issue?

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 10 months ago #98300 by Chris Elliott
Hi there

We found this to be browser independent so last week we performed a number of server oriented tests.

Finally, we found that setting joomla cache handling to Files instead of the default Database seems for now at least to have resolved the issue.

Why might this be?

Chris E

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc