PDF Certificate date tag format and dimensions

• andmcq
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #92081 by andmcq
Hi Guys
[EVENT_DATE] is returning a date format which includes the time, am i using an incorrect tag or is it just a bug?
also
the dimensions I use for my certificate template is 2480px/3508px at 300dpi - the certificate that is returned is intact but is about 3 cm short of the bottom of the page and 1.5 cm short of the right hand side. I know this is tricky stuff but has anybody managed to get a good fit for the A4 certificate template and if so what spec did you use for the image?? otherwise my certificates are looking quite the part!
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #92446 by TonyHeeley
Replied by TonyHeeley on topic PDF Certificate date tag format and dimensions
Hi,

I've been playing with this feature over the last couple of days and have exactly the same questions.

1. How do I format the date to not show the time
2. What are the dimensions I should use to maximise the area on A4 (for our US users, perhaps Letter size too)

Thanks

Tony

andmcq wrote: Hi Guys
[EVENT_DATE] is returning a date format which includes the time, am i using an incorrect tag or is it just a bug?
also
the dimensions I use for my certificate template is 2480px/3508px at 300dpi - the certificate that is returned is intact but is about 3 cm short of the bottom of the page and 1.5 cm short of the right hand side. I know this is tricky stuff but has anybody managed to get a good fit for the A4 certificate template and if so what spec did you use for the image?? otherwise my certificates are looking quite the part!
Cheers

• andmcq
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #92679 by andmcq
Hi Tony
I will submit a ticket re the date as the whole feature is unusable to me unless resolved and its a great feature.
I can work around the dimensions just use a white background and centre everything and be mindful of the shrinkage, etc
Cheers
Andrew

More
7 years 3 months ago #92735 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PDF Certificate date tag format and dimensions
Hi Andrew

Could you please see my response on support ticket? Please try the suggestion and let me know if it works

Tuan

• andmcq
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #93138 by andmcq
Hi Guys Tuan has kindly added some more tags which return the date formatted without the time.
see below:-

[EVENT_DATE_DATE]
[EVENT_END_DATE_DATE]

Thanks again Tuan your responsiveness is nothing short of outstanding!
:)

• andmcq
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #93143 by andmcq
Hi Tony
Use the tag [EVENT_DATE_DATE] this returns a date format without the time :)
Still working on the background image
Cheers
Andrew

More
7 years 3 months ago #93175 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PDF Certificate date tag format and dimensions
OK Andrew. Please see my response via support ticket to see whether it solves the issue with layout. If not, I will try to spend more time to learn TCPDF library to see to have better background handling...

Tuan

More
7 years 3 months ago #93176 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Still didn't have enough time to dig more into the library yet :(

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc