[SoIved] importing registrants 42 import 0 display

• Baptiste
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #92598 by Baptiste
Hi!

I'm fighting hard since hours in order to import a list of registrants.

First, i use the "export model" function, so i can reuse ths xls file generated. but when i tried to import a registrant for test, i had the error message : "0 Call to a member function format() on boolean".
After some search, i understood that it is the register date format which wasn't accepted. If i delete the register date, there are no more error message (but no date, also!).

However, without this error message, i try to import some registrants, i have the message "There are total 42 registrants code imported".
ok? no...
The registrants wasn't in the registrant list, no matter filters... so i go in Mysql to see if registrants are in the database "eb_registrants".

But no, this one was empty.

To be sure, i create 2 registrants from frontend, export the xls file, delete the registrant and tried to import the registrants "There are total 2 registrants code imported", but nobody in the liste neither in mysql.
As i thought it could be unique_ID problem, i tried to change ID, Transction, number, others fileds... nothing more happened.

Can you please advice me something, as i'm totally stucked...

Thank you very much!
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Baptiste.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #92626 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Importing registrants... 42 import, 0 displayed
I don't really have any clues. Maybe something wrong with the format of data you prepared. You will need to submit a support ticket so that we can check it on your site with the given data for you

Regards

Tuan

• Baptiste
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #92629 by Baptiste
Hi Tuan,

Thank you for your answer... In fact i didn't "prepare" anything, as i reuse the file i exported just before!

I will make new tries, and i submit a support ticket if needed.

Thank you

• Baptiste
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #93110 by Baptiste
Hi!

I re-tried with unpublishing all fields except mandatory, but with the same result...
So i created a new support ticket.

Thank you and have a good day!

• Baptiste
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #93130 by Baptiste
After sending a ticket, my problem have been solved by the team!

The import functions need to respect a bush of points, a tutorial would be great!

Thank you!

More
7 years 3 months ago #93131 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [Solved]Importing registrant 42 import 0 displayed
Yes. Sorry for not having a documentation for this (and for importing events as well), spending most of my time to providing support and adding new features. Need to spend more time with documenting new features, will review and update documentation ASAP

Tuan

More
7 years 2 months ago #93252 by omcreations
Replied by omcreations on topic [Solved]Importing registrant 42 import 0 displayed
It would be nice to know what needed to be done, so others (such as myself) that are having the same issue can fix the issue. That's a major frustration with a lot of the forums, and could cut down on some support requests: if/when an issue is resolved, post/provide a solution that others can follow.

• Baptiste
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #93257 by Baptiste
Hi!

I totally understand your need, and if you see most of my posts, i try to explain solutions found.

But, for this time, there are a lot of different points to follow, and i'm not sure i know all of them. That's why, as Tuan explain, a tutorial would be the could reason. Anyway, i put there what Tuan change on my file :

1. id column must have value 0 for the record
2. I changed date format config option in Events Booking to m-d-Y. Then the format of register_date column must match that format (01-20-2017)
3. Data for payment_method column must contains name of payment method , not title (os_offline_cheque, os_paypal)

But i don't know if there is other restrictions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc, DuW

More
7 years 2 months ago #93298 by Philipp
Having just the same problem right now. thanks, Batiste, for the rough documentation from your ticket, but it does not work for me.

I know that keeping up with documentation is a major drag, but in this case, it is just as important as developing the feature itself, as it seems the feature is not usable without it..

Switching over to ticket mode now, I'll keep everyone posted once they figured it out...

More
7 years 2 months ago #93306 by omcreations
Replied by omcreations on topic [SoIved] importing registrants 42 import 0 display
Thank you Baptiste. That actually helped. My import template (for whatever reason didn't have the payment method column, so I didn't worry about it in this instance). What I did do was change the ID column from 1, 2, 3, etc to all 0 and it imported.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc