Event with Recurring Date

• Craig Scherbarth
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #94701 by Craig Scherbarth
Event with Recurring Date was created by Craig Scherbarth
Hello,

I have an event that lasts 8 weeks and is on every Monday from 6-7 PM. Once someone registers for the event, they will get all 8 sessions.

I tried using recurring events, but it makes each child event separate and you can have different registration, which I don't want, I basically just want to add each session to the calendar, without having the option for new registers.

Is there a way to do this?

Hope that made sense?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #94707 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Event with Recurring Date
Hello Craig

There are only workaround for this problem. Basically, you can edit all children events, set Registration Type of these child events to Disable Registration so that users cannot register directly to this child event

The other option would be customizing the code (this will cost you 20$ only) so that when users click on a child event in the calendar, we will redirect them to the parent event. That should completely solve this concern, I guess

Tuan

• Craig Scherbarth
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #94749 by Craig Scherbarth
Replied by Craig Scherbarth on topic Event with Recurring Date
Thanks for the quick response, for now I'll probably just use the first option. I'll give it some thought and let you know if I want to go with the custom option.

Thanks

More
7 years 1 month ago #94766 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Craig

More
6 years 10 months ago #99066 by Holger Dexheimer
Replied by Holger Dexheimer on topic Event with Recurring Date

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hello Craig

There are only workaround for this problem. Basically, you can edit all children events, set Registration Type of these child events to Disable Registration so that users cannot register directly to this child event

The other option would be customizing the code (this will cost you 20$ only) so that when users click on a child event in the calendar, we will redirect them to the parent event. That should completely solve this concern, I guess

Tuan

Hello Tuan,

seems to fit exactly what I'm looking for ;)

I would order your customization but I need one more step to get the final solution: children events should be visible on calendar view but not on category view. Still interested to customize this?

Best regards
Holger

More
6 years 10 months ago #99073 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Event with Recurring Date
I'd vote for this as a new feature for the system.
We have this need for a site and have just ignored (disabled) all calendar views and just set start/end dates for the first/last (and explained it in the description).
It would be good to have SOME way that when you create an event you can automatically create the children events but that they are non-registerable (and go back to the initial 'parent' for registration as you mention). Having the children visible on the category should be an option when setting up the initial event entry.
This is a basic function for many different events that my clients work with and would help me 'sell' them on using Event Booking for their sites.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holger Dexheimer

More
6 years 10 months ago #99081 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Could not promise but I will think more about it and might add support for it during 3.x.x series

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holger Dexheimer

More
6 years 9 months ago #100141 by Niall
Replied by Niall on topic Event with Recurring Date
I've been bugging Tuan for this 'feature' for a while. It would be nice if you could have the option for repeating events to be created as New separate events or as children of a parent. Children would essentially be placeholders in the calendar, share registrants and have a slight variation in the CSS. This would clarify for our users that when they buy a 6 week package by showing them which days the other 5 weeks are, not just the first date, it also prevents conflicts in scheduling.

Cheers.

• Frédéric Bianchi
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #100538 by Frédéric Bianchi
Replied by Frédéric Bianchi on topic Event with Recurring Date
Hello Tuan,
i have exactly the same demand like cpaschen :

- Multiple events, for the same parent event (every week), for theater school
- Ability to subscribe only for the parent event
- Show only the parent event in the event category
- Show the multiples dates in the calendar view to have an overview of the year events (School and special events).

Actually, i am using single event. For example, for a one year event, (one day every week), i make ONE event, with start date at 16 august 2017 - 09:00 and end date at 16 august 2018 - 17:00
So it is "not correct" and it can't be show in the calendar view correctly too.

I am OK to pay for this feature, depending on your price :)
Regards,
Frédéric

More
6 years 8 months ago #101703 by LMKweb
Replied by LMKweb on topic Event with Recurring Date
I have this need as well, for a system with class registration where they pay once for a class that occurs one day a week for 6 weeks. I'd like to display on the calendar all of the dates, but only have one registration option. Also willing to pay for this customization. Thanks!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc