Date picker

• Emma Richardson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #96425 by Emma Richardson
Date picker was created by Emma Richardson
So my date picker looks like the attached image - is that normal? If so, why is it so tall? If not, how do I fix it? I think the navigation should be on the same level as the actual calendar...(This is the view from the front end so just realized that this must be theme related but still hoping for some help on fixing!)
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by Emma Richardson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96426 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Date picker
I think it is a CSS issue. The date picker SHOULD look like:

... or at least it does on my site.

Is the date picker example you provided accessible from the front end of your site? Or backend only? If front end, I can take a look and suggest a CSS fix (please provide a link). If backend @Tuan should be online in about 6 hours and can advise you of what the EventBooking team can do.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:

• Emma Richardson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96427 by Emma Richardson
Replied by Emma Richardson on topic Date picker
I agree that it is CSS - it is on the front end - here is the link: www.ecboces.org/events?layout=daily&day=2017-03-27
I am having a tough time finding a fix -would greatly appreciate any help~

• Emma Richardson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96429 by Emma Richardson
Replied by Emma Richardson on topic Date picker
I found it - very strange. Somehow the arrow icons appear to be pulling css from the Readmore button class. When I removed the inline-block reference from the readmore button css, the calendar then appeared correctly. Luckily I do not use the Read More buttons so so far, I have yet to see any negative results of this!

More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #96434 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Date picker
Sometimes little CSS bugs can creep in when a class like .button is used for multiple elements on a site without additional selectors limiting the scope (or targeting the scope) to the element(s). You could probably insert a new ruleset into your template's CSS for .calendar .button {display:inline; } (or inline !important;) and fix the problem that your readmore CSS is creating.You might need a different selector on your site -- .calendar .button is what (my site uses as the selector for the date picker.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by James Riley.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96436 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Date picker
Thanks James for helping. @Emma : In case you could not get it sorted, submit a support ticket so that I can ask my template developer to look at it and get it sorted for you

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc