Tutorial - remove duplicate entries Event Booking

• OTWD
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #100170 by OTWD
IF you have duplicates in the registrant list to remove them perform the following sql in phpmyadmin
Code:
ALTER IGNORE TABLE `jos_eb_registrants` ADD UNIQUE INDEX tmpindex (event_id,user_id); ALTER TABLE `jos_eb_registrants` DROP INDEX tmpindex;

Then as some of the eb_registrant duplicate entries removed from the table were the published versions I had to reset the unpublished registrants to published.
Code:
UPDATE `joom_mydb`.`jos_eb_registrants` SET `published` = '1' WHERE `published` ='0'

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #100197 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Tutorial - remove duplicate entries Event Booking
Thanks for sharing the solution. The question here is what's exactly the issue you were having?

• OTWD
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #100286 by OTWD
Hi for some reason eventbooking booked in some users twice into the event.
I checked the events my client had setup and noticed in the "Advanced Settings" paypal email field was filled to the same paypal email account that was in the paypal payment plugin.
Could this have caused a duplicate transaction?

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

More
6 years 9 months ago #100296 by jkosick
I had this same issue, I think it was due to failed payments, however I was using stripe payments. I had multiples of the same person but only one would have an actual invoice, but each duplicate had a new ID.

More
6 years 9 months ago #100373 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Tutorial - remove duplicate entries Event Booking
Please note that the system stores the registration records into database before the payment is processed

So in case the payment failed (users stopped making payment when they are being redirected to payment gateway or they entered wrong credit card number), the records are still available in database (but not being shown by default - and not being counted / treated as registrants in the system)

So having duplicate records are actually not an issue.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc