• OTWD
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #100342 by OTWD
Event going over capacity was created by OTWD
Hi Tuan
I have a client who was using v 2.13.2 with paypal for paid events for some reason the events were overbooked and went overcapacity - i did a sql comparison of the paypal transaction list (emails) vs the registrant emails in EB and there were approx 96 people who had booked but not paid.
Can I PM you login details to see if you can determine if there is some kind of bug? Or what do you suggest? Have you seen this happen before?
The only strange configuration setting I could see was that they had set the paypal email in the "Advanced Settings" tab as well as in the Payment Plugin.
Thanks

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #100369 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Event going over capacity
Hi

There is usually difference between actual number of registrants in the system (who paid) and someones just tried to register for the event (the number of records found in database)

The reason is because there is always users who try to register but just close browser and doesn't make payment when they are being redirected to payment gateway

So unless I mis-understand your question, I don't see any problem here

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #100370 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
For more information, in Events Booking, there is a config option called Show Incomplete payment records. It is No by default

If you set to Yes, these unpaid registrants (which are not counted/treated as registrants in the system) will be shown in Events Booking -> Registrants management

Although being shown, it won't affect the number registrants of each event

Tuan

• OTWD
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #103314 by OTWD
Replied by OTWD on topic Event going over capacity
Hi Tuan - this issue of events going over capacity is still happening for this client
I had upgraded to 2.14.5
See lec.ie/courses-limerick-education-centre...-autism-night-1.html
What would cause this?
UPDATE
Another course that was fully booked (Capacity 45) still allows people to register - normally it triggers "Fully booked"
It seems to happen with Paid courses (using paypal).
"show incomplete registration" config is set to NO ( and always has been.)

Turning on the Waiting List works and the register button is replaced with "Join waiting List" - however my client does not wish to have a waiting list. See my screen shot.

You can also see in the screenshot the event which went over capacity = -1 where my client realised and quickly turned on the waiting list to prevent more bookings. If I turn off the waiting list for this course it still allows people to register despite being over capacity.

The issue here is not that 2 people are booking the last place at the same time but that the system allows another booking despite capacity = 0

I believe there is a file or line of code either corrupted or missing on this installation - can you please help with my investigation.
Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by OTWD.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago #103334 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's strange. Unless there is something special, when capacity reach the number of registrants, there should be no registration option like that

Do you have any event which is having the issue right at the moment? If yes, submit a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account of the site
2. Link to the page which events are being displayed
3.Tell me the event which is having the issue

We are going to check to see why it happens and get it sorted. I don't have any clue why it happens

Tuan

• OTWD
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #103340 by OTWD
Replied by OTWD on topic Event going over capacity
Thanks Tuan - I setup a support ticket

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc